No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Plays Down Talk of Tupou Taking a Dive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Plays Down Talk of Tupou Taking a Dive

New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker has hosed down suggestions Australian fighter Bowie Tupou took a dive in their heavyweight bout in Invercargill on Saturday night, saying he knew he'd hit his opponent well when the punch landed.

Parker notched up another win when he delivered a powerful right hook to the top of Tupou's head, knocking him out just 63 seconds into the fight after the Tongan-born Australian was expected to provide the 23-year-old with some ring time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Like I said beforehand, Tupou isn't a complete bum but he's in that ball park. The only surprise to me is that Jeff Fenech doesn't realise it.

Comment

Tupou has a glass chin. Case closed.

Comment

Judging from the replays of the "knockout" blow I can only conclude that the fix was in.

The crowd seemed to think so as well.

Comment

It was apparently a temple shot. Reminded me a bit of Vitali Klitschko vs Odlanier Solis.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            It was apparently a temple shot. Reminded me a bit of Vitali Klitschko vs Odlanier Solis.
            The difference there was that the shot unbalanced solis, then he did knee damage as he went over.

Even Thompson price 1, with the weird ear shot, it does more take your legs away than anything, both those shots connected better too.

I dont recall ever seeing anyone go down like they have been shot with an elephant gun when they got grazed on top of the head with the edge of the glove, either Tupo has the worst punch resistence i've ever seen or that was a sham

People talking about Parkers "crazy power", where was it against Sherman Williams? Granted sherman is known for being tough but he took flush shots all night without much trouble, i think it's more a case of he's a prideful man who went in there, all these nobodies parker is blasting out, i think they are happy to go over for a nice bonuse.
            Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 08-02-2015, 01:12 AM.

Comment

It may well have been, but, regardless, it's time to move on. Parker is making solid progress.

Comment

Comment

Panther time

World class performance.I thought he kill Topou.
                  Fortunately Bowie is alright.The counter punch was so fast.
                  It very hard to see in real time.In slow motion you see he
                  Crack him on the top of the head.As I have said many times.
                  There is fast and then there is last.This boy is too damn
                  Fast.Right now Klitschko only fighter in the world who
                  Can beat Parker.They said no: Molina,Browne,Thompson,Hammer,
                  Arreola,Sitverne,Oquendo.They all running scare.
                  I doubt if Wilder or Joshua would take Parker on.
                  These two guys are biggest hype jobs in boxing.
                  Put up or shut up!Don't sing it .Bring it!

Comment

I just watched on youtube... It only showed it from 2 angles but from those angles it didn't even look like the punch really landed

Great acting though

Comment

Working...
                    X