No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Sergey Kovalev is Honored in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Sergey Kovalev is Honored in Las Vegas

Las Vegas - WBO, WBA and IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev (27-0-1, 24 KOs) from Russia receives a proclamation from Clark County Commissioner Mary Beth Scow at McCarran Airport Monday July 20,2015 proclaiming Monday as "Sergey Kovalev Day on the Las Vegas Strip and throughout Clark County."

Kovalev, the undefeated WBO/WBA/IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion makes his long-awaited debut in Southern Nevada on the HBO-televised card promoted by Main Events Saturday, July 25, at Mandalay Bay. Kovalev faces No. 1-ranked contender Nadjib Mohammedi in the 12-round championship bout. [Click Here To Read More]

What award did Kovalev receive? The Fighter feared most by Andre Ward Award?

Comment

I met Kovalev at the gym a while back...he is a very humble person and easy to talk to. However, when he is sparring, he is a complete different animal. He was sparring heavyweights and a cruiserweight. His power is tremendous but his skills and movement are also on point. Kovalev deserves all the recognition and not so much GGG.

Comment

Holy **** that was worse than Cotto Promotions press conference inside of a Cinnabon! There are like three random bystanders there haha!!! They have some kid from a local high-school doing an interview wearing his backpack lol

Comment

What has this guy done to deserve a day honored after him?

People act like he's some humble and classy champion. I guess people just turn a blind eye to him calling fellow champions like Adonis Stevenson "a POS".

Or when he laughed and mocked Jean Pascal for being on rubbery legs...

So classy.

But let Adrien Broner simply dance his way to the ring and he's considered ****** trash and classless.

LOL @ the double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Holy **** that was worse than Cotto Promotions press conference inside of a Cinnabon! There are like three random bystanders there haha!!! They have some kid from a local high-school doing an interview wearing his backpack lol

LOL @ Cinnabon.

I'll be hearing soon that Kov is the A SIDE and everyone else is B SIDE.

Comment

That's McCarran Airport they're in. I guess this was their welcome for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                That's McCarran Airport they're in. I guess this was their welcome for him.
                Fans really overwhelmed him.

Seriously though this may have hurt his feelings more than not having a welcoming party

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  Fans really overwhelmed him.

Seriously though this may have hurt his feelings more than not having a welcoming party
                  It's the promoter's welcome for him lol. I think it's one of those sweetener things Main Events do for him, like the rings they got him last year.

Kovalev's not going to get ambushed by fans anywhere in the US, and I suspect that's the way the edgy fcuker would prefer it.

Comment

step into the ring with kovalev get KO'ed

Comment

Working...
                    X