No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Dropped Twice, Battles To Decision Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton Dropped Twice, Battles To Decision Gonzalez

Don Haskins Center, El Paso, Texas - IBF super bantamweight champion Carl Frampton (21-0, 14 KOs) overcome two knockdowns in the first round to win a twelve round unanimous decision over very game opponent Alejandro "Cobrita" Gonzalez Jr. (25-2-2, 15 KOs). The scores were 115-109, 116-109, 116-108.

Frampton's American debut started with disaster, as he suffered two knockdowns in the first round. The first knockdown came when he was off-balance and hit by a jab. The second time he was hit behind the ear while ducking low and went down.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frampton was way too high energy in that first round. Other than that he dominated. Good fight, though, Gonzalez battled to the end.

Comment

Frampton was just caught cold. Great intro to the yanks though.

Comment

Rigondeaux would smoke frampton if they fought . Now I know why frampton has been avoiding rigo , frampton is good but rigo is in another level .....
        Hit and not be hit ; you can not hit what you don't see .

Comment

Frampton is Chris Algieri's MINI ME!! Shrink Algieri a few inches put muscle on him and Frampton's parents wouldn't be able to tell the difference!

Comment

I've never seen someone complain so much about being punched in the nads. It was pretty ridiculous when he wasn't even affected by half the punches he complained about. Gonzalez simply wasn't active enough to win on points.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
              Rigondeaux would smoke frampton if they fought . Now I know why frampton has been avoiding rigo , frampton is good but rigo is in another level .....
              Normally I'd favor the action fighter over the technical fighter,but you're 100% right on this one. Frampton is pretty fast,and he's got a good jab,but rigo would take the guy to school.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
                Come off it, rigondeux got dropped before as well.

Comment

So Frampton vs Quigg at the end of the year?

Comment

Love watching Frampton, but the CBS "announcers," other than Paulie M, have to be the worst, most ill-informed cheerleading squad in the history of boxing. One of the idiots suggested pulling Gonzalez out of the fight in the sixth round to keep him from taking punishment.
                    No wonder the U.S. has such effed up decisions.

Look forward to seeing Frampton fight one of the other belt-holders

Comment

Working...
                    X