No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum is Furious With Referee in Cuenca-Yang Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum is Furious With Referee in Cuenca-Yang Fight

Macau - Argentina's Cesar Cuenca moved a step closer to boxing history by beating China's "IK" Yang Lian Hui on points to win the International Boxing Federation (IBF) junior welterweight title in Macau on Saturday.

The undefeated Cuenca improved his professional record to 48 wins (2 KOs), just one short of Rocky Marciano's all-time 49-0 record as he won his first world title on his debut outside his home country.

He dominated from the start in a pulsating bout, knocking the unorthodox Yang (18-1, 13 KOs) backwards in the first round, which was controversially ruled a knockdown by inexperienced Filipino referee Danrex Tapdasan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Macau - Argentina's Cesar Cuenca moved a step closer to boxing history by beating China's "IK" Yang Lian Hui on points to win the International Boxing Federation (IBF) junior welterweight title in Macau on Saturday.

The undefeated Cuenca improved his professional record to 48 wins (2 KOs), just one short of Rocky Marciano's all-time 49-0 record as he won his first world title on his debut outside his home country.

He dominated from the start in a pulsating bout, knocking the unorthodox Yang (18-1, 13 KOs) backwards in the first round, which was controversially ruled a knockdown by inexperienced Filipino referee Danrex Tapdasan.
    ... and who hired that "inexperienced Filipino referee" for the TR card? I suspect it wasn't Cuenca...

Comment

this guy needs to retire.

Ya boy got whooped Bob, deal with it.

Comment

Stop being bitter. Referee was very good.

Comment

Arum is full of **** here. That ref didn't mess the fight up at all. The ropes held yang up, that's why the ref called it a kd. Also, the ref taking a point from yang for slamming cuenca hard as hell to the mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
            Stop being bitter. Referee was very good.
            I didnt wanna say because i didnt watch the whole fight, but he looked good to me.

Comment

Lmao I didn't like the ref cause he was annoying telling them watch their feet and kept calli timeouts. But that was clearly a kd and he deserved the deduction. We're the cards close cause he got beat easily

Comment

Ref wasn't that great, but hey... I've seen alot worse.

It's funny though... for Arum and Floydie to hate each other so much, they sure are alot alike. Both whine at the drop of a hat.

HA

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

I should've bet more money on this. 5-1 odds against Cuenca.

Comment

Bob was likely up to no good, as is the case whenever Bobs "furious" with any officials. Didnt work out for him this time...which is good for the sport everytime it doesnt work out for him.

But i wonder if Bob has an option on Cuenca? Crawford-Cuenca? Either way, Cuenca, new player in the division sure makes it interesting at 140. Crawford, Matthysse, Soto, Herrera and now Cuenca. I can see that style giving Crawford and Matthysse problems, Hopefully politics dont play a part.

Comment

Working...
                    X