No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Mares is Motivated To Take Santa Cruz To War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Mares is Motivated To Take Santa Cruz To War

LOS ANGELES - Mexican boxing stars Leo "El Terremoto" Santa Cruz (30-0-1, 17 KOs) and Abner Mares (29-1-1, 15 KOs) met today at Plaza Mexico to officially announced their Saturday, August 29 Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN showdown taking place at STAPLES Center.

The fighters hosted an open-to-the-public press conference and fan rally to discuss their upcoming bout with media members and met with fans to sign autographs and take pictures.

Hundreds of fans attended the event at Plaza Mexico in Linwood and the fighters stayed to sign autographs for over two hours afterwards.

[Click Here To Read More]

Mares is gonna school Santa cruz

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Mares is gonna school Santa cruz
      I dont know about that.. i think its going to be a tit4tat fight, and the last rounds are going to determine the winner.. it will be close but i think Mares pulls off a SD win setting up a rematch later in the year.

Comment

Even though I'm rooting for Santa Cruz, he might be just a little too robotic and monotone for Mares. He is going to have to step it up this fight. I have a feeling he'll realize the adjustments he needs to make in the post fight interview after he loses. We'll see. Leo has no second gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          Even though I'm rooting for Santa Cruz, he might be just a little too robotic and monotone for Mares. He is going to have to step it up this fight. I have a feeling he'll realize the adjustments he needs to make in the post fight interview after he loses. We'll see. Leo has no second gear.
          But the thing is G, Mares will get suckered into a slugfest, i already know it.. The fans, the atmosphere is going push these guys to the next level. Its going to come down to who has more left going down the stretch..we'll see. Warrrr MARES

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
            But the thing is G, Mares will get suckered into a slugfest, i already know it.. The fans, the atmosphere is going push these guys to the next level. Its going to come down to who has more left going down the stretch..we'll see. Warrrr MARES
            I get ya man (and thats whats getting me hyped for the fight) but I still feel like Mares is still too fast/dynamic for Leo, even when exchanging. I hope I'm wrong though... I will be rooting for Santa Cruz hard.

And I hope so, but Leo has always been so... monotone, in the ring and outside of it. It seems like he operates at medium pace at everything he does... I think he is the type of guy that needs a shock in order to wake up, hopefully one of Mares punches does that and he gets fired up.

WAR LEOOOO!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X