No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Referee Explains Herrera vs. Lundy Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Referee Explains Herrera vs. Lundy Stoppage

Radio Rahim catches up with referee Jack Reiss, who explained the exact reason as to why he stopped the Mauricio Herrera vs. Hank Lundy junior welterweight showdown.

The Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena was electrified on July 11 as Golden Boy Promotions in association with CES Boxing presented an exciting evening of boxing in front of a crowd of 4672 fight fans. Live on HBO Latino ® Boxing, the event brought out celebrities including Latin star Kate Del Castillo, Jane the Virgin star and Golden Globe® Winner Gina Rodriguez and the Golden Boy himself, Oscar De La Hoya to watch an all-star line up of the Golden Boy stable of fighters take on a roster of celebrated fighters from around the globe.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jack Reiss is a consistently horrible and interfering ref. He loves to butt into fights and steal some attention for himself. I remember during Ward/Rodriguez when he actually stopped the fight to request that both guys be fined lol...fined? Since when does a ref have that kind of authority? The guy just loves attention, and I always think "uh oh, here we go" every time I see he is the one reffing a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
      Jack Reiss is a consistently horrible and interfering ref. He loves to butt into fights and steal some attention for himself. I remember during Ward/Rodriguez when he actually stopped the fight to request that both guys be fined lol...fined? Since when does a ref have that kind of authority? The guy just loves attention, and I always think "uh oh, here we go" every time I see he is the one reffing a fight.
      lmfao he did huh, I think he a decent ref but trys to take control of the fight too fast and too swift. However I have no problems with his stoppages and such he always gives the fighter the benefit of the doubt till he just cant anymore.

Comment

That was a perfectly fair call, I can't fault Reiss this time. He is a bit of a camera whore but he did let the fight go on as long as possible and stopped it at exactly the right time when the injury was looking too severe.

I had Lundy winning it though, love to see a rematch. And Reiss should do the rematch too.

Comment

Nasty cut

Good stoppage

Comment

Working...
          X