No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Wilder Dismisses Briggs' Claims Of Pending Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Wilder Dismisses Briggs' Claims Of Pending Clash

Shannon Briggs is doing what he does best these days—drawing attention to himself without actually earning his place among today’s top heavyweights. Fortunately, the top heavyweights know better than to pay his antics any mind.

The middle-aged former heavyweight champ for years has been angling for a crack at Wladimir Klitschko, literally stalking the World heavyweight king around the globe. He has now set his sights on unbeaten heavyweight titlist Deontay Wilder, going as far as to insist a deal is in place for a September 5 showdown in his adopted hometown of Hollywood, Florida.

Briggs released the story to *********.com, which of course ran with the claims that a $2 million deal is in place if the defending titlist is so willing.

Wilder’s handlers were quick to dismiss the possibility of such a sideshow taking place. [Click Here To Read More]

Let's go Champ!!!!!

Also, did Team Wilder just criticize someone else's choice of opponents? Yeah,.. no. You can't fight frucking Eric Molina and act like you're fighting solid opposition.

Comment

beyonce wilder is ducking Briggs

Comment

Wilder wont fight Briggs But will fight Charlie Z.

Sounds like someone is a little scared of Mr Briggs! :AOR:

Comment

Man this is bs this fight would be way more dangerous and also way more popular than the Molina fight, yet they call this a sideshow. The fact is that old Briggs would be the biggest name on Wilder's resume. Wilder earned Stiverne fighting unranked people I think its ironic that they would deny Briggs since the only guy Wilder has ever fought was a sick Stiverne. I csnt wait to see Povetkin vs Wilder though.

Comment

Wilder would be an absolute imbecile to even consider a Briggs fight. He needs to fight better competition if he expects to actually beat Wlad.

Casual fans may get sucked into the US HWT champ hype, but real boxing fans know unless you beat WLad you are not the champ.

pulev, Povetkin, Wlad would be my preference. I will take aereola/glazkov/Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Wilder would be an absolute imbecile to even consider a Briggs fight. He needs to fight better competition if he expects to actually beat Wlad.

Casual fans may get sucked into the US HWT champ hype, but real boxing fans know unless you beat WLad you are not the champ.

pulev, Povetkin, Wlad would be my preference. I will take aereola/glazkov/Jennings.
              Like Molina? Briggs holds weight. Its very profitable. Easy to promote. You know Briggs will get under the skin and make it fun. Briggs is also in shape. He has a few rounds in him and can do damage. Wilder was knocked stupid by Molina. Briggs can KO wilder easy if he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Like Molina? Briggs holds weight. Its very profitable. Easy to promote. You know Briggs will get under the skin and make it fun. Briggs is also in shape. He has a few rounds in him and can do damage. Wilder was knocked stupid by Molina. Briggs can KO wilder easy if he lands.
                I dont usually agree with you but I think you're bang on here. Briggs will bring the money and they just fought Eric Molina for **** sakes. Briggs is 43 years old, what are they afraid of this fight will make good money, and people will watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  To follow Stivernne with Molina made me sick. I knew why they made the fight but I was disgusted that he fought Molina at this stage of his career. It was an absolute disgrace. Wilder fought down to his level and IMO raised more questions about if he is truly prepared to defeat upper echelon HWT's.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                    I dont usually agree with you but I think you're bang on here. Briggs will bring the money and they just fought Eric Molina for **** sakes. Briggs is 43 years old, what are they afraid of this fight will make good money, and people will watch it.
                    exactly... It can be easy money for him. More than he would make fighting any other (unknown HW) at this time. Hell maybe more money that fighting Wlad.
                    Wald cant even sell PPV buys.

Two american fighters. One champ one former champ. The trash talking will be insane. The build up from the crazy press conferences and tour will be intriguing to watch. Hell...they maybe able to sell it on PPV. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X