No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman-Luis Collazo Full Undercard Announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman-Luis Collazo Full Undercard Announced

TAMPA - An exciting night of undercard fights comes to the USF Sun Dome in Tampa on Saturday, July 11 featuring matchups between Edner Cherry (33-6-2, 18 KOs) fighting Luis Cruz (21-3, 16 KOs) in a 10-round lightweight battle and Anthony Peterson (34-1, 22 KOs) facing Ramesis Gil (8-11-5, 5 KOs) in a 10-round super lightweight bout.

Televised coverage of Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT with an explosive junior middleweight showdown between Tony Harrison (21-0, 18 KOs) and Willie Nelson (23-2-1, 13 KOs). The night is headlined by undefeated welterweight star Keith "One Time" Thurman (25-0, 21 KOs) facing former world champion Luis Collazo (26-6, 19 KOs). Door open at USF Sun Dome at 6 p.m. with the first fight beginning at 6:30 p.m.
    [Click Here To Read More]

looks like a pretty entertaining card actually. im not big on the main event but it should be entertaining. i just hope if and when thurman wins haymon is able to put together thurman vs maidana that fight has to happen

Comment

Originally posted by cinci champ View Post
      looks like a pretty entertaining card actually. Im not big on the main event but it should be entertaining. I just hope if and when thurman wins haymon is able to put together thurman vs maidana that fight has to happen
      maidana has turned down thurman at least 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        looks like a pretty entertaining card actually. im not big on the main event but it should be entertaining. i just hope if and when thurman wins haymon is able to put together thurman vs maidana that fight has to happen
        Maidana is easily two fights away from wanting that work. You add that Maidana has a name for himself, following his two Mayweather performances and I wouldn't hold my breath.

Base Maidana out of Southern California (StubHub Center, Staples Center) for fights with Robert Guererro/Josesito Lopez/etc, and then move to the Thurman fight once Vegas is ready to put a massive site fee behind it.

Comment

Eleven fights on the card (5 are basically fodder fights) helps deliver massive value for the fans who decide to head to the arena. You add two quality TV matchups (with a truly 50/50 fight in Harrison-Nelson) and the show is set up to deliver pretty well.

Comment

Thurman vs Porter with Maidana vs Berto on the undercard in December, then the winners meet in April (Thurman vs Maidana).

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
              it should be thurman-porter next, but i kinda suspect we may get thurman-berto instead

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Harrison Nelson fight. I got Thurman winning by decision Collazo will put up a good fight

Comment

Always love when Edner Cherry fights, maybe he can get a stoppage over Cruz. Nice undercard!

Comment

Walter Castillo even though he lost to Amir Imam his last fight, that dude has a Pressure style that will give most who are not as skilled as Imam some serious problems. Reminds me of Maidana!

Comment

Working...
                    X