No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin Beats Deontay Wilder, Says Gavern

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin Beats Deontay Wilder, Says Gavern

Heavyweight journeyman Jason Gavern has fought a who's who in the heavyweight division and also worked often as a sparring partner.

Gavern is very interested in a the potential heavyweight fight between WBC champion Deontay Wilder (34-0, 33KOs) and mandatory contender Alexander Povetkin (29-1, 21KOs).

Last August, Gavern was stopped in four rounds by Wilder. Gavern has also in the past traveled over to Russia help Povetkin in training camp. Gavern's last fight, this past April, saw him get knocked out by rising heavyweight force Anthony Joshua of the UK.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Heavyweight journeyman Jason Gavern has fought a who's who in the heavyweight division and also worked often as a sparring partner.

Gavern is very interested in a the potential heavyweight fight between WBC champion Deontay Wilder (34-0, 33KOs) and mandatory contender Alexander Povetkin (29-1, 21KOs).

Last August, Gavern was stopped in four rounds by Wilder. Gavern has also in the past traveled over to Russia help Povetkin in training camp. Gavern's last fight, this past April, saw him get knocked out by rising heavyweight force Anthony Joshua of the UK.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Deontay is way too skilled for Povetkin and his bummy resume... I'd love to bet on this fight as long as it doesn't take place in Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      Deontay is way too skilled for Povetkin and his bummy resume... I'd love to bet on this fight as long as it doesn't take place in Russia...
      What fighters have ever been robbed in Russia?

Comment

sorry, what?

Comment

You've got them two the wrong way round. Povetkin's the gold
          Medalist and Povetkin has faced guys with pulses.

Comment

This fight won't go to Russian , American boxers from this era are scare to travel, Mike Tyson vs. Buster Douglas at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, You won't see stuff like that from today american champions

Who is Povetkin fighting next his better stay busy , since Wilders is fighting in fall??

Comment

The sky is blue. Pretty obvious statement.

Man, I wanted to believe in Wilder so damn bad but after watching him get rocked by a used car salesman it's clear he's not the real deal, not now anyways. Maybe if he learns how to throw a consistently good jab and add a few more punches to his extremely limited arsenal he'll have a shot but as of right now guys like Povetkin would knock his head off.

Comment

I was very optimistic about Deontay after the win over Stiverne but then he looked absolutely awful against Eric Molina.

He needs a lot more work.

Comment

Compared to Wilder, Povetkin has an all time great resume. Never thought I'd see a Wilder fan play the resume card.

Comment

Povetkin is just awful relative to his reputation. Fat, short arms, slow as s***, average chin (wlad knocked him down with a jab lol). Always running on fumes by rd 4. Been watching all his fights to see what the fuss is about. I've decided he's a HW gatekeeper at best. I see him becoming the new Arreola/TT. You know the solid fighter guys like Joshua or Parker have to beat to be seen as legit.

Wilder handles him with ease..

Comment

Working...
                    X