No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Parts Ways With Nacho After 7 Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Parts Ways With Nacho After 7 Years

Former multi-division champion Jhonny Gonzalez is making a switch. The veteran has parted ways with Hall of Fame trainer Nacho Beristain, who worked with the boxer for the last seven years. They went in separate directions on good terms.

After suffering a fourth round knockout loss to Gary Russell Jr. in March, Gonzalez made a decision to start training with the man who taught him the ropes, his father and former fighter Miguel Angel González.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Holy ****, I didn't know his dad was Miguel Angel Gonzalez. Are we talking about the same guy from the 90's who fought Chavez back in 96 or 98?
    Last edited by sparkman0811; 07-03-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Not a good decision. Nacho is one of the best and top trainers of all time. It seems that many times when fighters get their first L they switch trainers which can be very detrimental to their careers. I can only name a few fighters who have had great success after switching i.e. Klitchko. Usually fighters who find success, switch trainers early in their careers not at this late stage.

Comment

Nacho is overrated but nothing can help Gonzalez at this point. He's too damaged.

Comment

Sometimes certain fighters mesh better with certain trainers.

He did great with Nacho, unfortunately his chin doesn't hold up. I could still remember the left hook that put Mares down. He throws it similar to Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
            Holy ****, I didn't know his dad was Miguel Angel Gonzalez. Are we talking about the same guy from the 90's who fought Chavez back in 96 or 98?
            No because that would mean he had Jhonny as a 10 year old.

His dad probably has the same name and never made it big.

Comment

Mucho Brownstains looks like Qusay Hussein after the mortician overdid his post mortem make-up
              Last edited by Lou Cipher; 07-03-2015, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X