Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera: I'll Prove I'm Ready For Top-Tier Guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera: I'll Prove I'm Ready For Top-Tier Guys

Big Bear Lake, CA: On July 25, 2015 undefeated Cuban light heavyweight Sullivan Barrera (15-0, 10 KOs) will face his biggest challenge to date in the ring since his professional debut in 2009, Vasily "The Professor" Lepikhin (17-1, 9 KOs), but for the 33 year-old from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, the hardest time in his life is most definitely in his past.

In 2009, Sullivan defected from Cuba with four other fighters from the Cuban National Team. It was his third attempt to flee Castro's regime and become a professional fighter in the United States. After many days at sea, the five men finally landed in Mexico where they were detained for more than three months. Eventually, Sullivan was able to make it over the Mexican border into the United States.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight for Barrera, Pascal should have taken barrera on though why would pascal not accept? barrera future meal for kovalev

Comment

Lets just hope this bout entretains and does not disappoint! Barrera needs to step up and knock this guy out if he wants to fight the elite in this class!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtr3s View Post
        Lets just hope this bout entretains and does not disappoint! Barrera needs to step up and knock this guy out if he wants to fight the elite in this class!
        Why because he is Cuban?

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
          Why because he is Cuban?
          Lets not kid ourselves but that is one reason, we all know cubans don't get the credit they deserve...but he also needs to make a statement IMO. Specially if he is calling out everybody in the division. Including the guy that beat lepikyn (chilemba).

Comment

barrera trains with abel sanchez what a great mixup that would be mexicancuban style lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mtr3s View Post
              Lets not kid ourselves but that is one reason, we all know cubans don't get the credit they deserve...but he also needs to make a statement IMO. Specially if he is calling out everybody in the division. Including the guy that beat lepikyn (chilemba).
              First thing, he needs to win because if he lose that is worse than look "boring", arum put a label on one Cuban and all the haters are running with it, and they call every Cuban boring or runners, Gamboa, Gonzalez, Garcia, Barthelemy brothers, Socarras, Neslan, Dorticos, Barrera, Franco, Jhonson, Luis Ramon, Ortiz are all boxers that like to mix it up, and I know a few more are escaping my mind, just because Rigondeaux is leagues above everyone and Lara likes to get on his bike, it doesn't mean all Cubans are leagues above everybody or they all like Lara's bike...
              Last edited by BendOver; 07-01-2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I agree with you! 100% But that is the unfortunate reality of the boxing world today...at the end of the day it is a business! And to some of us a joke!

Comment

Working...
                X