No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev's Manager Details The Rise of Krusher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev's Manager Details The Rise of Krusher

Las Vegas, Nevada: On July 25, 2015 WBO, WBA and IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev (27-0-1, 24 KOs) will defend his three world titles for the second time against IBF mandatory opponent Nadjib "Iron Djib" Mohammedi (37-3, 23 KOs) but the road to success was not an easy one for him and his manager, Egis Klimas, who reflects on the journey.

Kovalev was introduced to Klimas via a mutual friend, Anatoliy Rubinchikov, and the two met for the first time in Kazakhstan prior to Kovalev's professional debut. Klimas was travelling to Kazakhstan with his long-time friend and trusted advisor Don Turner, so the two of them met with Sergey together. Turner said he knew instantly that Kovalev was a special fighter, "He was an interesting guy. He was shadow-boxing and he never changed the expression on his face and I thought this guy is for real. So I told Egis that this guy can't miss."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would be a nice Name for a movie "The rise of Krusher" LOL

Comment

Great article. Kovalev is a throwback fighter. Willing to fight anyone anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
        Great article. Kovalev is a throwback fighter. Willing to fight anyone anywhere
        Two words..... Adonis Stevenson !

Two more words..... purse bid !

I like Kova, but why go full ****** ?

Regarding fighters like Kovalev/Golovkin..... why call them the best ever, when they dont have much of a resume and are just starting to develop at the highest level?

Why state that they will fight anyone, when there are documented examples proving that they will not?

Why ?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Two words..... Adonis Stevenson !

Two more words..... purse bid !

I like Kova, but why go full ****** ?

Regarding fighters like Kovalev/Golovkin..... why call them the best ever, when they dont have much of a resume and are just starting to develop at the highest level?

Why state that they will fight anyone, when there are documented examples proving that they will not?

Why ?
          Why deny that Stevenson was first to run from the opportunity to fight Kovalev - leaving HBO when a fight could have been made? Kovalev is willing even to fight Andre Ward, but you think Kovalev is running from a fight with Adonis Stevenson? Stevenson, whose last opponent was Sakio Bika? And prior to that Dmitry Suthotsky? Yet Kovalev fought Hopkins and Pascal?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
            Why deny that Stevenson was first to run from the opportunity to fight Kovalev - leaving HBO when a fight could have been made? Kovalev is willing even to fight Andre Ward, but you think Kovalev is running from a fight with Adonis Stevenson? Stevenson, whose last opponent was Sakio Bika? And prior to that Dmitry Suthotsky? Yet Kovalev fought Hopkins and Pascal?
            You missed the point !

Read the post that I replied to.

The point that I made was..... repeatedly stating something that is not true, will not make it true..... no matter how hard you wish for it to be so.

Duva/Kovalev called Stevenson a duck for making a decision that Duva admitted was in Stevensons best financial interest..... Duva/Kovalev then proceeded to do the exact same thing to Stevenson.

Neither Stevenson nor Kovalev qualify for this statement.....
            " anyone, anytime ".....

Read the post that I replied to.

Comment

Good article, Kovalev was a big miss for the likes of Di Bella and Shaw, they could have done with a fighter of his calibre.

Mohammedi fight is a mismatch but that was forced on Kovalev by the IBF, he wants to fight the Hopkins and Pascals of the division.

Comment

Don Turner deep in Kazakhstan scouting talent. He gets around. Respect.

He was shadow-boxing and he never changed the expression on his face and I thought this guy is for real. So I told Egis that this guy can't miss.
                Sounds like Sergey alright.

Comment

The Avengers 3 "Rise of Crusher"

Comment

Sergey Kovalev is my favorite fighter

Mohammedi is a dead man

The cowards Ward and Stevenson are scared to death of the best light heavyweight in the world Sergey Kovalev

Comment

Working...
                    X