No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Wonders if Smith Intentionally Blew Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Wonders if Smith Intentionally Blew Weight

Paul Smith weighed in 4.4lbs over the 172-pound catchweight limit for Saturday’s showdown with Andre Ward in California.

Smith came in at 176.6lbs with American Ward at 171.8, and although the fight still looks set to go ahead, the Liverpudlian may have to give up a percentage of his purse as a result.

For his last fight, against WBO super-middleweight champion Arthur Abraham, Smith weighed 165.5lbs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Certainly looks that way.

That said, if Ward hadn't insisted on a BS catchweight, Smith may have come in at 168.
    Last edited by yoz; 06-20-2015, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Good I'm glad fight should have either been at 175 or 168 anyway, enough with this catch weight BS!!!

Comment

Like boxing fans, Smith doesn't take a Ward fight seriously either

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post

Comment

Typical of some of you pricks to try and turn this into having a go at Ward. Just jealousy from some non-entity "fans" of one of the best boxers in the world. Ward is gonna annihilate this bum. Smith was a fat **** even when he was at 168. Had love handles and jiggling flab. What a pathetic attempt by him here. And if it's a tactic it's gonna backfire when he runs out of gas mid way through. Eddie Hearn is a *** too.

Comment

Serves ward right for cherry picking as usual

Comment

I hope Ward bodybags Smith. The only thing worse than missing weight in the fight game is taking performance enhancing drugs.

4.4lbs overweight is a joke. **** Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
                  Typical of some of you pricks to try and turn this into having a go at Ward. Just jealousy from some non-entity "fans" of one of the best boxers in the world. Ward is gonna annihilate this bum. Smith was a fat **** even when he was at 168. Had love handles and jiggling flab. What a pathetic attempt by him here. And if it's a tactic it's gonna backfire when he runs out of gas mid way through. Eddie Hearn is a *** too.
                  Ward is a joke now! Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
                    lmfao.

Smith if like man just when I thought I was moving up in my career they give me this nobody.

Comment

Working...
                    X