No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calderon: Canelo Will Be a Hard Fight For Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calderon: Canelo Will Be a Hard Fight For Miguel Cotto

Miguel Cotto’s future path in boxing will likely lead him to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in the fall. Should he win that fight, there could be a future showdown with Gennady Golovkin. Former champion Ivan Calderon of Puerto Rico says Cotto showed that he is still the same fighter from several years ago, and with trainer Freddie Roach he will be competitive with anyone.

“They’re going to be good fights and hard fights for Miguel Cotto,” Calderon told BoxingScene.com. “The fight with Geale showed he still got it and he still can box. It showed that he has discipline and he didn’t get all crazy like he’s done in the past.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

cotto v.s canelo is a done deal been signed before the geale fight and canelo is young and hasn't been in any wars but he is very beatable and cotto will expose his flaws by boxing and countering

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      cotto v.s canelo is a done deal been signed before the geale fight and canelo is young and hasn't been in any wars but he is very beatable and cotto will expose his flaws by boxing and countering
      That was a better and more respectful post than you normally do on a Canelo, Cotto or GGG thread! That's your opinion and that's fair enough, it'll be a good close fight.

I got Saul via 10th round TKO. Out-moved early but worn down mid to late.

Comment

#WarCotto will show all what is up!

#KingCotto by stoppage under 10rds!

Comment

It's a very tough fight for Cotto IMO. Not just because of the youth, speed, power and size disadvantage but stylistically.

Cotto is a great boxer, but Canelo is a counter puncher. I think that feeds into what Cotto needs to do to win. Saying that, Cotto can hurt Canelo and if he does could finish him.

Comment

It's a very difficult fight for Miguel.

I can't see anything but Canelo winning via late stoppage.

Comment

So...based on the few responses...its a difficult fight for Cotto but not for Canelo? lol!

Cant wait for Nov 21/28 for this fight to happen. There are going to be alot of excuses from the Canelo fans.

#WarCotto

Comment

I think its 60/40 Canelo.
                I also think that's what the split should be.

The speed and power advantage that Saul clearly has is what excites me as a fan of Alvarez. The size advantage doesn't mean much here as Cotto can move really well and Cotto wont want to sit in front of Canelo or try and rough him up. The experience advantage for Cotto doesn't mean much either Canelo wont be even slightly effected by the occasion and inside the ropes he's seen it all. Lara was a harder fight for Nelo than Cotto, even this so called "revived" Cotto.

Comment

Cotto is fighting better than ever these days and so is Canelo. I think Canelo will win by KO within 8 rounds of a very good fight. Canelo has improved a lot since he lost to Mayweather. Canelo loves to fight and he has had more fights at age 25 than Cotto at 35. He punches harder than the smaller Cotto and he has a much better chin. He can match Cotto's body attack. My money is on Canelo.

Comment

This fight will be decided by power and stamina. Cotto keeps getting written off as being simply a brawler but people forget he can box with the best of them. He out boxed Mosely and surprised him as well as a few others with his deceiving speed. Cotto also has one of the best jabs in boxing today all Canelo has over Cotto is youth and maybe power. This fight IMO is a 50/50 fight which is why it is so intriguing. As for the purse split IMO it should be 60/40 in Cotto's favor out of respect to him being champ (because unlike other champs he's a draw on his own) and a solid PPV draw, Canelo has many PPV'S coming his way in the near future Cotto is on the way out and if he loses this will be his last.
                    My worthless two cents.

Comment

Working...
                    X