No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lebedev's Loss To Jones Finally Reversed, Says Hryunov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lebedev's Loss To Jones Finally Reversed, Says Hryunov

According to still powerful Russian manager/promoter Vladimir Hryunov, his former protégé and reigning WBA cruiserweight champion, Denis Lebedev, has finally had his official record corrected.

On the 17th of May 2013, Lebedev (then 25-1, 19 KOs) fought then WBA champion “in recess” Guillermo Jones in minor unification and lost to his Panamanian opponent via knockout in 11 (while ahead on points) in one of the most savage battles in cruiserweight history.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maybe there is hope for boxing after all. Now for BoxRec.com to update Lebedev's record.

Comment

What about Amir Khans defeat against PEDerson. How that wasn't a no contest is beyond me.

Comment

Mayweather trickery. Doesnt matter what the "records" say. Denis the Penis, you got knocked out son.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
          Mayweather trickery. Doesnt matter what the "records" say. Denis the Penis, you got knocked out son.
          This. Nobody will forget that brutal ass whooping. Lebedev is probably on something too, and peds do not make your chin iron (Jones' chin). Jones is just a terrible style matchup for Lebedev and if they fought 10 times I think Jones would KO him 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            This. Nobody will forget that brutal ass whooping. Lebedev is probably on something too, and peds do not make your chin iron (Jones' chin). Jones is just a terrible style matchup for Lebedev and if they fought 10 times I think Jones would KO him 10 times.
            That's why they reversed the fight results, instead of have a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Reigning Champ View Post
              That's why they reversed the fight results, instead of have a rematch.
              They tried a rematch, but Jones failed that test too. Jones will always be remembered for the failed tests, not for his career.

Comment

Jones stole a year and a half of Lebedev's prime.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                  What about Amir Khans defeat against PEDerson. How that wasn't a no contest is beyond me.
                  The ibf is a disgrace, like the others.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    Iirc Peterson was busted prior to the rematch, when it came out he was on testosterone pellets for the first fight but no failed test then. These never get overturned, you have to fail a post fight test like Jones.

Comment

Working...
                    X