No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights From Chicago: Lara 153.6, Rodriguez 153.4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights From Chicago: Lara 153.6, Rodriguez 153.4

Erislandy Lara and Delvin Rodriguez both easily made weight for their junior middleweight clash Friday evening at UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois. The bout will headline the latest installment of PBC (Premier Boxing Champions) on Spike TV.

Lara came in at a chiseled 153.6 lbs. for the second defense of his alphabet title. Rodriguez tipped the scales at a fighting ready 153.4 lbs. for his third bid at a major belt. [Click Here To Read More]

If Lara wins this should launch him into a title fight at 160

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      If Lara wins this should launch him into a title fight at 160
      BoxRec.com has Rodriguez ranked 39th as a super welterweight. He has two losses, one draw and two wins in his last five fights. One loss was a TKO to M. Cotto no less.

Comment

Glad to see Lara back but damn this fight sucks. He better not carry this dude like he tends to do either.

Hopefully we can get some unifications in this division. The problem is Ronnie Shields trains 3 of the top 10 fighters so they probably got some sharing titles bull**** planned.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Glad to see Lara back but damn this fight sucks. He better not carry this dude like he tends to do either.

Hopefully we can get some unifications in this division. The problem is Ronnie Shields trains 3 of the top 10 fighters so they probably got some sharing titles bull**** planned.
          My dream is Andrade vs. Team Shields. Let him face both Charlos and if he beats them, big bro Lara will show the twins how it's done lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            My dream is Andrade vs. Team Shields. Let him face both Charlos and if he beats them, big bro Lara will show the twins how it's done lol
            After watching the Vanes vs Mell Charlo fight I know Andrade is pissed. That would have been a good win for him.

Comment

really really ****ty fight and card :/ and i like lara and beterbiev

Comment

Watch DRod give Lara a hard time, since he is calling out GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  After watching the Vanes vs Mell Charlo fight I know Andrade is pissed. That would have been a good win for him.
                  What would be ideal is if both Charlos won a belt. Andrade seems to want to unify, and I think he'll jump at the chance to fight them once they become titlists, Lara already has the WBA world belt. Andrade beating both Charlos and Lara would do a world of good for his credibility. Andrade/Charlos/Lara are physically gifted and make for tough match-ups against other fighters, so it would be cool to see Andrade take on all of them. It would be freaking hilarious if Andrade made that his mission: to clean out Shields' stable and let it be known during his next post-fight interview. It's unfortunate because I think Andrade thinks that he's past the stage where he needs to prove himself, his ego might be getting too big.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 06-11-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    What would be ideal is if both Charlos won a belt. Andrade seems to want to unify, and I think he'll jump at the chance to fight them once they become titlists, Lara already has the WBA world belt. Andrade beating both Charlos and Lara would do a world of good for his credibility. Andrade/Charlos/Lara are physically gifted and make for tough match-ups against other fighters, so it would be cool to see Andrade take on all of them.
                    That looks to be the plan. Lara will be full WBA champ once Floyd leaves. Mall will take K9s IBF strap. Mell will probably take Floyd's vacant WBC strap. Then it becomes 3 against 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X