No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Ready, Wants Gennady Golovkin Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Ready, Wants Gennady Golovkin Next

WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (20-2-2, 12KOs) defends his belt on Friday at the UIC Pavillion in Chicago. The opponent that night is Delvin Rodriguez, which headlines a Premier Boxing Champions card on PBC.

According to Lara's manager, Luis DeCubas Jr., the Cuban fighter wants the biggest fights possible in his next ring appearance. At the top of that list is WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs). Lara would move up to 160-pounds for that fight. Or, Lara wants Floyd Mayweather Jr. (48-0, 26KOs) - who owns the WBA's "super title" and the WBC title at 154-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Golovkin is willing.

But will the over-protective Al Haymon permit Lara to fight GGG?

Comment

Gennady won't fight unless he has -5000 odds

Comment

lara calls out GGG many times, no response by team GGG. GGG is ducking.

"ducking, ducking, ducking,ducking"

isnt taht right boxingscene?

Comment

yea lara keep talkin that mess!! lol his resume speaks for itself he ll fight anybody anywhere you pick the judges ref weight whatever!! lara> your fav fighter

Comment

At least this time the article says this is from his manager DeCubas, all the quotes are from him.

Make it happen though. A "name" on GGG's resume at least. Don't see Lara going past round 7. DeCubas is full of it though, I highly doubt they are targeting GGG. I'm sure Haymon will make Lara vs Charlo soon.

Comment

Who the hell thought those things? Lara was clearly favored over Trout. PW was coming off a KO loss, Many thought Lara could beat him. Canelo was close on the odds.

Team Lara is creating false motivation. But whatever works.

Comment

Does Lara have a inside game or willing to stand there like Monroe did, because his "slick" style plays into GGG's hand.

Comment

Shouldn't Lara be able to fight Danny Jacobs or Quillin? If he beat Danny he could force a GGG fight. But I guess Lara wants it via call out

Comment

Good fight, as long as Lara actually comes for a boxing match and not a track and field meet. Like seriously i love skilful mobile boxing but that guy has taken it a step too far before, moving just for the sake of not engaging, i hate that.

Comment

Working...
                    X