No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on Facing James DeGale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on Facing James DeGale

Promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, who handles the career of WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs), is always looking to secure the biggest fight possible for his rising superstar.

In the last few weeks, Loeffler was attempted to get Golovkin in the ring with top super middleweight star Carl Froch of Nottingham. Golovkin was willing to move up to 168-pounds and also had no issue with facing Froch on UK soil.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Inb4 GGG is ducking degale.

Comment

Boxingscene is to a single interview, what an 1800's Cherokee Indian is to a freshly killed buffalo - they'll make meals out of it for weeks til nothing's been untouched a few times.

If you rewatch the original video they posted, Tom's open to DeGale, just that DeGale is on the backburner to the other options first (Froch, Cotto/Alvarez, Lemieux/N'Dam, Lee/Saunders). If those fights don't come to fruition, DeGale's status in their que moves up higher.

DeGale/Golovkin would be ppv in the UK and probably fill O2 at 20,000. HBO would be happy to buy at a few mill, and being on prime time in the UK would make it a big seller in Germany, Russia, Poland and the rest of eastern Europe where Golovkin's had tv deals.

Comment

Froch vs. Golovkin a PPV in the states. You've gotta be kidding me.

Comment

I reckon James will end up fighting Rocky Fielding.

That would be horrendous.

Comment

GTFO
            His team keeps talking about marketability but they just fought who?
            Willie Monroe?
            I hope he doesn't get the Froch fight now, or the winner of Cotto vs Canelo.

Comment

so ggg ducks a lot of fighters saying they are not marketable but he fights bums degale would be the best guy on his resume and that's not a good thing move up to 168 ggg and fight the top guys degale would be a good start

Comment

Froch vs GGG is NOT a PPV fight in the states....that sh't would flop....the winner of Cotto-Nelo vs GGG is PPV ony because of the latino stars....hardcore fight fans don't buy PPV....hardcore heads know how to find streams lol

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                  GTFO
                  Willie Monroe?
                  Preach!!

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                    GTFO
                    Willie Monroe?
                    He fights 4 times a year, he just fought Geale and Murray, give it a rest spastic.

At least he's not fighting once a year against fighters like Delvin Rodriguez.

Comment

Working...
                    X