No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Details Golovkin's Flaws, Confident Cotto Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Details Golovkin's Flaws, Confident Cotto Wins

Freddie Roach, trainer of WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33KOs), denies the notion that his fighter is being protected from a unification with WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs).

Golovkin is the mandatory challenger to Cotto's WBC title. But Cotto is going in another direction. He is likely heading into a fall mega-fight with Mexican star Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on HBO Pay-Per-View.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Did Roach watch the Murray fight or just the Geale, Rubio & Monroe fights?

If he's so easy to beat, then you should've had Miguel fight him instead of Geale.

Comment

Roach has become such a wind bag hyper that I pay no attention to anything he says anymore.

Comment

cotto was off for a year he used 1 of ggg best guys on his resume as a tune up shows you what fighters they hype up for ggg. bigger fish to fry for cotto like canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Did Roach watch the Murray fight or just the Geale, Rubio & Monroe fights?

If he's so easy to beat, then you should've had Miguel fight him instead of Geale.
          Don't see where Roach said "he's so easy to beat."

Comment

Roach is an overrated coach. His fighters have excellent offence but lack in defence and his gameplans are not the best in the business either.

Not to mention he talks to dyam much like hes the one fighting. Why sit here and describe what advantages you believe you have over a future opponent... keep it quiet and use it to ur advantage during training camp when you are going to fight him.

Comment

His stamina? Interesting...
              I see differently. I don't see his stamina as his weakness. I see his lack of inside game and defense as his weaknesses and maybe that he can't fight on the backfoot back up in a straight line.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                cotto was off for a year he used 1 of ggg best guys on his resume as a tune up shows you what fighters they hype up for ggg. bigger fish to fry for cotto like canelo
                A tune up in which he drained the guy down to 157 to fight for his 160lb title? Every Golovkin fight is a 'tune up' as no champion will fight him. Miguel gets beaten down in a more barbaric fashion than Margarito I.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  As for 'bigger fish to fry', Golovkin is the biggest fish of the lot and both Cotto and Canelo are petrified of getting brutally beaten down by him. It's similar to Rigondeaux at 122 - all of the elite fighters try to pretend he doesn't exist as they know what will happen if they face him.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                    His stamina? Interesting...
                    I see differently. I don't see his stamina as his weakness. I see his lack of inside game and defense as his weaknesses and maybe that he can't fight on the backfoot back up in a straight line.
                    True but fortunately for GGG, a granite chin, relentless pressure and sickening power are enough to deal with any current middleweight. Put him in with a prime Hagler, Leonard or Hopkins and things would get interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X