Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Reflects on Pacquiao Demand, Feels Geale Struggling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto Reflects on Pacquiao Demand, Feels Geale Struggling

Miguel Cotto said that Daniel Geale and his camp shouldn’t complain of having to fight at a catch-weight of 157 pounds for their middleweight fight on Saturday since he did it when he faced Manny Pacquiao and he claims he never made an issue of it.

Cotto had to agree to a catch-weight of 145-pounds for the fight with Pacquiao in 2009, which saw the Puerto Rican star get stopped in the twelfth round.

Cotto makes the first defense of his WBC middleweight world title on Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. HBO will televise the contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

that's cuz the wbo threatened to strip you of the title so you offered the 145 catchweight. this is different, you're supposed to be the 160 champion not the 157 "chavez jr" catchweight world champion.

also, manny wanted it at 142 which you refused and offered 145, can't complain about an offer that you made. geale never offered 157, you demanded he take it or no fight.

Comment

I remember Cotto complaining about the 145 pound catchweight, and rightfully so.

Comment

Geale looks very strong and healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
          that's cuz the wbo threatened to strip you of the title so you offered the 145 catchweight. this is different, you're supposed to be the 160 champion not the 157 "chavez jr" catchweight world champion.

also, manny wanted it at 142 which you refused and offered 145, can't complain about an offer that you made. geale never offered 157, you demanded he take it or no fight.
          Fcn BS , Cotto did not want a CW and did not want to put his title on the line if he had to do it , he never offered 145 he refused point blank 142 and Manny then said 145 thats it , Arum who was Cottos promoter as well as Mannys leaned on Cotto to accept , no organization can force a CW on a WC .

Cotto never offered 145 Manny demanded it , he is doing the same thing here with Geale .

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Geale looks very strong and healthy.
            As healthy as a malnourished zombie. I bet he faints at the weighin.

Comment

Cotto has now gotten on my nerves. He's taking this whole "I'm a star now I call the shots" to a very annoying level.

Shows the type of man he really is.

I take nothing away from his brilliant career but lately he's intolerable, he seems proud that he made Geale fight at 157. No **** he was going to agree, just last year Geale was destroyed in three rounds and he gets another title shot. Of course he's going to do anything to get the fight.

Comment

lmaoo good 1 but geale signed the contract and needs to stop *****ing because he's taking a nice check back home along with that big L

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Fcn BS , Cotto did not want a CW and did not want to put his title on the line if he had to do it , he never offered 145 he refused point blank 142 and Manny then said 145 thats it , Arum who was Cottos promoter as well as Mannys leaned on Cotto to accept , no organization can force a CW on a WC .

Cotto never offered 145 Manny demanded it , he is doing the same thing here with Geale .
                  "Two wrongs = One right."

-Miguel Cotto. World middleweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    "Two wrongs = One right."

-Miguel Cotto. World middleweight champion.
                    It's so pathetic isn't it

I like Cotto but I don't know how much I can take. Still going to the fight doe

Comment

Working...
                    X