No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Hopkins, Bute, Kessler in The Mix For DeGale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Hopkins, Bute, Kessler in The Mix For DeGale

IBF super middleweight champion James DeGale, 21-1 (14 KOs), looks set to make the first defence of his title in October, with some marquee names lined up as possible opponents.

DeGale, 29, made history last month when he became the first British Olympic gold medallist to win a world title as a professional with a unanimous decision victory over - another Olympic medallist – Andre Dirrell in Boston.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone jumping on the Chunky bandwagon now.

Those are some good names for a first defence.

Comment

After a homecoming I'd like to see the guy face Ward, see how Ward handles a guy who stays on his bicycle all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Everyone jumping on the Chunky bandwagon now.

Those are some good names for a first defence.
        Yes as you said they are names but not anything more. Good for the casuals and the young hyena but at this point of their career neither of them is a serious threat to DeGale. Hopkins is 50 years old for crying out loud and DeGale's style is a bad style match up for him (he always struggled with fast, technical, athletic guys), Kessler would be brought back from the Bahamas or I don't know where he spends his elder days and lastly Bute is a shell of himself since the Froch fight and there won't be a Bute-DeGale fight since Bute is with Haymon and he keeps him to slaughter him with his own prospects not for young hyena's fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
          Yes as you said they are names but not anything more. Good for the casuals and the young hyena but at this point of their career neither of them is a serious threat to DeGale. Hopkins is 50 years old for crying out loud and DeGale's style is a bad style match up for him (he always struggled with fast, technical, athletic guys), Kessler would be brought back from the Bahamas or I don't know where he spends his elder days and lastly Bute is a shell of himself since the Froch fight and there won't be a Bute-DeGale fight since Bute is with Haymon and he keeps him to slaughter him with his own prospects not for young hyena's fighters.
          That's why I said names. DeGale needs a recognisable name to fight headlining his first show in the UK and these all tick the boxes.

No point fighting some Euro bum that no one has heard of. He could pull a Ward and fight Paul Smith had he not already battered him in his 8th pro fight.

Comment

No point fighting some Euro bum that no one has heard of. He could pull a Ward and fight Paul Smith had he not already battered him in his 8th pro fight.
            Ward is coming back from a 1,5 years lay off so the situation is not quite the same. I think in that position a tune up fight is okay.

I won't blame DeGale or Brook because their opponent choosing because it seems to depend on Hearn. Hearn is the British Haymon, lol...

Comment

Ward is coming back from a 1,5 years lay off so the situation is not quite the same. I think in that position a tune up fight is okay.

I won't blame DeGale or Brook because their opponent choosing because it seems to depend on Hearn. Hearn is the British Haymon, lol...
              Who would you rather see DeGale fight?

Comment

Who would you rather see DeGale fight?
                Gilberto Ramirez for example. The TR prospect who is shouted out as a great talent but I think DeGale would easily beat him. And the fight can be made imo...
                It would maybe also draw latino fans.

Comment

Gilberto Ramirez for example. The TR prospect who is shouted out as a great talent but I think DeGale would easily beat him. And the fight can be made imo...
                  It would maybe also draw latino fans.

Gilberto Ramirez was supposed to fight DeGale for the vacant title and Top Rank turned it down, saying he wasn't ready for the fight. Considering he looked like **** in his last fight, I don't think they're gonna be ready now - do you?

And nobody knows who Gilberto Ramirez is. Even in America. Who the fuk is going to travel to watch Gilberto bloody Ramirez? They have to sell tickets to this fight, you know?
                  Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 06-02-2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Namedropping only.

Please name the not retired fighters from the list and the not retired SMW's.

Let DeGale fight Paul Smith. He deserves a fourth titleshot.

Comment

Working...
                    X