No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Algieri Gives His Take on Khan Scoring, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Algieri Gives His Take on Khan Scoring, More

BROOKLYN - Bill "Two Scoops" Emes and other members of the press catch up with former WBO junior welterweight champion Chris Algieri (20-2, 8 KOs) to discuss his twelve round decision loss to Amir "King" Khan (31-3, 19 KOs), as Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Spike returned to Brooklyn's Barclays Center on Friday night.

The Briton won by 117-111 on two cards and by 115-113 on the third. Algieri lost for the second time in a row. In November last year he failed to beat Manny Pacquiao, who lost to Mayweather in boxing's richest fight earlier this month.

[Click Here To Read More]

Khan is the fighter who ought to be worried based on how this fight played out. Algieri showed much improvement form the Pacquiao fight, and I see no reason that he should not continue to improve. And yes, I too would love to see a rematch; however, I doubt that Khan would ever agree to fighting Chris again.

Comment

KHAN WON. Algieri's style is annoying. His attitude is arrogant and he is no better than a B- fighter. Khan though, is a B fighter at best.

I don't care to see them fight where a bad fighter beats a worse. Algieri does not have the toughness of Rios or his power.Rios would beat him.

Comment

Im a fan of Algieri after this fight. Id love to see him and Bradley!

Comment

Classic 7-5/6-6 either way fight

Interesting to note that none of the TV commentators even called it close, from what I saw and remember, sad

Don't really care for those who think it was a 9-3 Khan shutout or whatever, seem to be a vocal minority here

I don't understand why Khan is even mentioned as a Mayweather opponent. He's beaten Collazo and Alexander, alongside barely scraping by Algieri. What sort of Welterweight resume is that?

Comment

Algeri's stock went up 75%
            Khan's stock went down 25%

I'm going to repost .....

Perhaps many Khantards were watching the fight through some special glasses, but many saw an Algeri that was walking\chasing Khan down. And a Khan that was literally running for his life again. In fact Khan even ran over the Referee in one round and went to the ground while frantically trying to get away from Algeri.

All Khan did last night was to prove emphatically that he is nothing more than a hype job con-man, who won't fight any of the upper tier WW's.

Comment

Chris is here to stay. Still has plenty of room to grow and has more time to polish his skills even further under the guidance of his new trainer. Like he said, this is just his 22nd fight. He's still got plenty to do. I like the kid's attitude.

Comment

I'd say he's the new Paulie Malignaggi and way less annoying than the old one.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Algieri's next fight. He's shown improvement and versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    Algeri's stock went up 75%
                    Khan's stock went down 25%

I'm going to repost .....

Perhaps many Khantards were watching the fight through some special glasses, but many saw an Algeri that was walking\chasing Khan down. And a Khan that was literally running for his life again. In fact Khan even ran over the Referee in one round and went to the ground while frantically trying to get away from Algeri.

All Khan did last night was to prove emphatically that he is nothing more than a hype job con-man, who won't fight any of the upper tier WW's.
                    great post........algieri is my dude!!! intelligent man, talented fighter, huge heart, this dude is gonna get better, speed is there, if he adds power forget bout it

Comment

Working...
                    X