Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sweepstakes: Is Algieri The New Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sweepstakes: Is Algieri The New Berto?

Once upon a time, the prevailing joke in the boxing world was to land the big money fight with Floyd Mayweather you had to beat Andre Berto.

It now looks as if Chris Algieri is the next Andre Berto. Perhaps hoping to emulate Manny Pacquiao in landing a coveted Mayweather showdown, Amir Khan will now face the former 140 lb. titlist this weekend at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. A win by Khan figures to set up a big fight in the future, namely standing opposite corner for what has been suggested as the final fight of Mayweather’s incredible career.

Few if any figure Algieri to serve more as a supporting player in the bout, which headlines live on Spike TV (Friday, 9:00 p.m. ET). This is not to take anything away from Algieri. He seems like a nice guy and he is a good fighter.

However, an elite fighter he is not. [Click Here To Read More]

Damn - this article was a whole lot of shade being thrown around for no reason

Comment

Algieri Mayweather September 2015

Comment

Watching this fight Khan leaves his hands to low for Mayweather he will get countered to death don't want to see that fight

Comment

algeri buckled him agan, this ref man is too damn involved

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            Watching this fight Khan leaves his hands to low for Mayweather he will get countered to death don't want to see that fight
            I thought his chin was solid @ 147 but Mayweather could very well gets his first real stoppage since Hatton if they fought

Comment

No is it not the next berto although that should be the next match .

Comment

Originally posted by HMICHMIC View Post
                algeri buckled him agan, this ref man is too damn involved
                Yea, he had his cape on last night saving Khan's azz.

Comment

Did anyone else get the opposite impression of the ref? I felt like he was trying to cut off Khan's escape routes, and it looked like he kept trying to corner him to fight. I feel like he never cornered Algieri like that. He was pro-Khan verbally throughout, but I still feel he wanted to give Algieri the best shot at winning.

Comment

Khan VS Berto would be more entertaining than Khan VS Floyd...

Comment

Working...
                    X