No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Edwin Rodriguez on Controversial TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Edwin Rodriguez on Controversial TKO Win

Agganis Arena, Boston, Massachusetts - Bill "Two Scoops" Emes catches up with light heavyweight contender Edwin Rodriguez (26-1, 17KOs), who started strong and was landing hard punches to gain a third round stoppage of previously undefeated Craig Baker (16-1, 12KOs). Most felt the stoppage win was very premature. Rodriguez had Baker backed up against the ropes, and was landing some good punches but they weren't damaging punches and Baker seemed to have all of his senses. Out of nowhere, the referee jumped in and stopped the match. The stoppage seemed to surprise everyone.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't know what the ref was thinking, he should've told dude he was about to stop the fight.

Comment

Mann those fights would be great Edwin vs Fonfara, Fonfara vs Pascal, Edwin vs Pascal

Comment

I think Baker's game plan must've been to try to tire him out.

Because he showed virtually no offense.

Strange stoppage though.

Comment

One may watch worse stoppages in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            One may watch worse stoppages in the UK.
            Where the heck did they find that ref?? He was too old to be officiating in my opinion he was stumbling around the ring all fight long & couldn't keep up with the action. I think he stopped the fight more for the reason HE was exhausted because Baker was still OK. He robbed Baker of any chance he had
            Was disgusting he needs to be put out to grass lol

Comment

Originally posted by CJRock View Post
              Where the heck did they find that ref?? He was too old to be officiating in my opinion he was stumbling around the ring all fight long & couldn't keep up with the action. I think he stopped the fight more for the reason HE was exhausted because Baker was still OK. He robbed Baker of any chance he had
              Was disgusting he needs to be put out to grass lol

Comment

Working...
              X