No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Dirrell, DeGale Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Dirrell, DeGale Face To Face at Final Presser

BOSTON - Fighters participating on Saturday's Premier Boxing Champions on NBC card took part in the final press conference today at historic Fenway Park in Boston before their respective fights at Agganis Arena, with televised coverage starting at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT.

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by DiBella Entertainment in association with Murphys Boxing, are priced at $250, $200, $100, $75, $50 and $35, not including applicable service charges and taxes, and are on sale now. [Click Here To Read More]

WAAAAAAAAAAAR DIRRELL!!! DeGale ain't ready for this.

Comment

Rodriguez/Baker is going to be all action too.

Comment

shoot anyone have video of the presser???

Comment

Lol at Eddie in the last picture. Don't know why but I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            shoot anyone have video of the presser???

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Lol at Eddie in the last picture. Don't know why but I laughed.

I was laughing at the Canelo look-alike with the red sox hat on.

Comment

hmm, very interesting match-up. I'll say 1 thing, Degale truly believes he can beat Dirrell, that's for sure.

And that's a good thing for him. I don't question Dirrell's ability but I do question his heart and mental toughness, smh

Its really too bad because if he had more meanness and mental toughness he could be 1 of the Great ones potentially imo.

I don't know who to root for Honestly, I like them both but I respect Degale a little bit more I think.

May the best man win I guess. good good match up.

:ANYWORD:

Comment

I don't know, but I'm actually quite excited for this fight. I don't think either could afford a defeat right now. It's an intriguing fight. This fight is not so much, who do I think would win but more so who do I think should win. I've been going back and fourth, because I think both fighters could give us good fights in the future. But I finally made up my mind, I'm rooting for Degale. I think Degale is hungrier and Dirrell seems to not be mentally there. I'm not sure how Dirrell would react to even bigger fights. I didn't like how he looked agaisnt Froch and Abraham, it almost seems like the pressure gets to him. He's so talented, but it seems like he's missing the mental aspect of the sport. James on the other hand, always seemed like confident individual even when he was coming up and was like a trash talker; I might be mistaken but he wasn't one of the favorites to even medal at the Olympics and he ended up with the Gold (self believe that he has). Since, that loss to Groves he stayed quiet and worked his way back up (for 4 years) to Contender status and eventually a Championship shot. I feel Degale would be more ready for the big fights in the future, whether it's a fight against Froch, Ward or GGG.

I feel like James can light up this division once Froch retires. He has a good style and a good personality imo. He'll also most likely get the support of his fellow countrymen. Let the best man win, but I feel it'll be better for boxing if James can take it. Tough fight for sure though.

So, WAR Degale!!!!

This is all my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    I don't know, but I'm actually quite excited for this fight. I don't think either could afford a defeat right now. It's an intriguing fight. This fight is not so much, who do I think would win but more so who do I think should win. I've been going back and fourth, because I think both fighters could give us good fights in the future. But I finally made up my mind, I'm rooting for Degale. I think Degale is hungrier and Dirrell seems to not be mentally there. I'm not sure how Dirrell would react to even bigger fights. I didn't like how he looked agaisnt Froch and Abraham, it almost seems like the pressure gets to him. He's so talented, but it seems like he's missing the mental aspect of the sport. James on the other hand, always seemed like confident individual even when he was coming up and was like a trash talker; I might be mistaken but he wasn't one of the favorites to even medal at the Olympics and he ended up with the Gold (self believe that he has). Since, that loss to Groves he stayed quiet and worked his way back up (for 4 years) to Contender status and eventually a Championship shot. I feel Degale would be more ready for the big fights in the future, whether it's a fight against Froch, Ward or GGG.

I feel like James can light up this division once Froch retires. He has a good style and a good personality imo. He'll also most likely get the support of his fellow countrymen. Let the best man win, but I feel it'll be better for boxing if James can take it. Tough fight for sure though.

So, WAR Degale!!!!

This is all my opinion.

Yea,, the pressure gets to Dirrell that's for sure and a good way to put it.

I've never seen the fight but I'm scratching my head at how Degale lost to Groves then, especially if he beats Dirrell and thinks he could beat Froch.

But maybe its the ol styles make fights thing idk.

I was initially rooting for Dirrell, but as that fight got closer and I learn abit more about Degale I started to become abit more indifferent about who I wanted to win.

Then I saw this vid on Youtube: https://youtu.be/XosnVrm6Yg8

"Willy Dirrell Trolls James Degale" during a workout and it kinda pissed me off a little to be honest lol, just seemed abit classless.

Team Dirrell worried for some reason? lol

So idk, I guess will just what happens :ANYWORD:
                    Last edited by ManAnimalX; 05-21-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X