No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC Outpaces Competition on Slow Easter Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: PBC Outpaces Competition on Slow Easter Weekend

Adonis Stevenson was blessed with the honor of headlining the inaugural edition of Premier Boxing Champions series on CBS.

What he wasn’t blessed with, however, was a favorable matchup, fight date or ratings to match.

The reigning light heavyweight king cruised to a 12-round decision over Sakio Bika on April 4 in Quebec City, Canada. The bout was placed on the Saturday preceding Easter, and – despite being marketed as part of CBS’ NCAA Final Four coverage – without the benefit of actual Final Four play.

Both college basketball semifinal games aired live on TBS, TNT and truTV – to record ratings for those networks, no less. Meanwhile, PBC on CBS was inserted into the Saturday lineup without any protection, resulting in a 1.1 overnight rating according to Nielsen Media Research. [Click Here To Read More]

There was a college all star game?
    Div 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Div 1?
      I didn't recognize a single guy playing in that game, but yea it was D I

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Div 1?
        I think it was a skills competition like 3-point contest and stuff like that..

Good to know that boxing drew more than anything else besides golf, but it is concerning that he drew less than his last fight in showtime..

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I didn't recognize a single guy playing in that game, but yea it was D I
          forreal? Dang.
          Guess it was Available Players Allstar game

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I think it was a skills competition like 3-point contest and stuff like that..

Good to know that boxing drew more than anything else besides golf, but it is concerning that he drew less than his last fight in showtime..
          On Showtime or HBO?

Comment

The ratings were good for it's time slot, I don't know what people expect for afternoon fights.

Just look at what the UFC did Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              The ratings were good for it's time slot, I don't know what people expect for afternoon fights.

That entire card probably cost less than half of what Stevenson got paid...maybe less than what Bieterbiev got paid

Comment

Great for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                  That entire card probably cost less than half of what Stevenson got paid...maybe less than what Bieterbiev got paid
                  That card was also on foxsports 1, and not heavily promoted, and didn't wasn't headlined by the light heavyweight champ.. Let jon jones or chris weidman defend their belt and it would have been much bigger

Comment

Gotta say golf was exciting! Sunday was even better! So looking forward to Masters. Bubba or Day

Comment

Working...
                    X