No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF Confirms Khan Turned Down Bradley Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: IBF Confirms Khan Turned Down Bradley Title Eliminator

Amir Khan, 30-3 (19 KOs), has turned down an eliminator against Tim Bradley that would have determined who became the mandatory for the IBF welterweight title, currently held by Kell Brook.

Khan, 28, had previously reached out to Boxing Scene to categorically refute the claims.

However, the IBF Championships Chairman confirmed that Khan had indeed been offered the fight with Bradley and that it had been rejected on his behalf by his team.

“Amir Khan’s people turned down the fight. Bradley accepted,” Tucker told BoxingScene. [Click Here To Read More]

"The IBF never got in touch with me or my team. I would take that fight in a heartbeat" - Amir Khan.

Comment

I don't blame Khan for turning it down because it would be stupid to become mandatory and only get 20% in a fight he could get at least 50%....

But why lie about it, that's weak.

Comment

Good thread for all those who called Rafael a liar to apologise.

Comment

Khan's the A-side in a Brook fight why would he need an eliminator.

Comment

His team didn't inform him.

Comment

LMAO.

Amir is the biggest idiot in boxing.

Comment

Wtf A mere con?

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  I don't blame Khan for turning it down because it would be stupid to become mandatory and only get 20% in a fight he could get at least 50%....

But why lie about it, that's weak.
                  Obviously he would get more than that if the fight ever happened.

Bradley is in a much worse position because he doesn't draw too good on his own and it would probably be a fight Hearn wouldn't be too keen to make.

Comment

khan needs an opponent everyone says he can just fight brook but hes not willing so why not fight bradley or broner

Comment

Working...
                    X