Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: MMA Still Illegal in NY According To Latest Court Ruling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: MMA Still Illegal in NY According To Latest Court Ruling

A federal court in New York has ruled against the largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promoter in the country, holding that UFC and its owner, Zuffa LLC are not yet in a position to challenge New York's ban on MMA. As a result, MMA remains illegal in New York.

In 1997, New York enacted a ban on professional MMA. After the sport grew into the mainstream, the UFC, plus a group of fighters, trainers, gym owners and fans that it put together, filed a federal lawsuit in 2011 challenging the constitutionality of the ban. The case had been dismissed piece by piece in prior opinions, but in a ruling issued today, Judge Kimba Wood terminated the entire case by granting summary judgment in New York's favor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow. NY needs to get with the times. MMA is a part of regular sport culture now. NY is still in the stone age when it comes to this. Thank God MMA is legal in California. Are there any other states where MMA is illegal.

Comment

Good.

*points and laughs at mma.

Comment

i thought this was a boxing forum

fuck mma

Comment

being a liberal pvssy in New York: still legal.

Comment

They should make it illegal in every state

Comment

NY has lot its toughness. I remember back in the day we used to play bball at 2 am with guns in our pockets ready to pop whoever got ****y after beating us in a pick up game. Stabbing dudes for losing a game of connect4 was culture in my hood. NY was tough man, city of the gritty. It has gone completely queer and soft. Queers used to get beat up at the Bronx, now they rule the Bronx. If you aint wearing tight red pants in the Bronx you a bish nowadays. I remember my friend Alejandro ( he used to wear emo hair) used to be dead scared of walking thru Queens at midnight, now emos hold bonfires right in the middle of queens. This **** is sad.

Comment

Comment

That's dumb. Boxing and MMA should both be legal in New York.

Comment

I heard that MMA actually has a pretty big underground scene in NYC..
                    They should just legalize it IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X