No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell-Gonzalez Average Just Over 500K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Russell-Gonzalez Average Just Over 500K Viewers

Showtime became the third network to officially launch a Premier Boxing Champions event, which aired March 28 and was topped by Gary Russell’s 4th round knockout of Jhonny Gonzalez at The Palms in Las Vegas.

Despite the PBC label, the show remained in line with your standard Showtime Championship Boxing event, as were its ratings. Fighting in his first Showtime headliner, Russell’s career best win registered an average of 519,000 viewers. The telecast peaked at 575,000 viewers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The overseas numbers for Brook is interesting and explains why Espinoza didn't like doing the afternoon shows

Comment

lol, they're posting a lot of past numbers in there

Comment

Damn, that's bad. I admit, I didn't even watched it, I was at work Saturday night. The thing is, even if I was home, I wouldn't have watched it. I don't know why that fight wasn't so appealing to me.

Comment

the casual fans probably thought it was going to be boring just like charlo/vanes was so they decided not to watch,i'm not a casual fan but while watching vanes/charlo I just got frustrated with the amount of action,hardly any punches landed,nothing,so I watched basketball instead,then changed it when Gonzalez fought,theres a reason certain fighters aren't on hbo or sho,,if you are boring why would they want you on there?

Comment

Both numbers look quite poor. The Brook-Dan figures justify Espinoza's stance on these afternoon fights.

Comment

This is why boxing needs to get off premium and ppv!

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
                Both numbers look quite poor. The Brook-Dan figures justify Espinoza's stance on these afternoon fights.
                I guess Only HBO know how to do it then, huh?

Comment

Showtime gets Haymon's scraps and has to pay for it. Solid business strategy.

Comment

It feels like Boxing is 100% all about Mayweather vs Pacquiao right now and the rest just doesn't matter. At least that is the Vibe you get

Wasn't really much hype leading up to this fight, wasn't many threads about this fight leading up to it either

Comment

Working...
                    X