No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo/Kirkland - HBO 24/7 Set To Debut on May 5th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo/Kirkland - HBO 24/7 Set To Debut on May 5th

In anticipation of one of the spring boxing season’s most intriguing events – the super welterweight battle between Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland on May 9th – HBO Sports will air “24/7 Alvarez/Kirkland,” an exhilarating one episode, 30-minute special examining the upcoming showdown. In the highly-anticipated fight set for Minute Maid Park in Houston, Tex., Alvarez and Kirkland will collide in one of the year’s most important encounters. HBO will televise it live on the flagship World Championship Boxing series.

[Click Here To Read More]

Does GBP still put their fighters/have cards on Showtime (since they've went back to working with HBO)? Or is Showtime just for Haymon now?

I've kind of been out of the loop but I'm just now thinking about it..... and Showtime BARELY does fights anymore, and I can't remember if their recent fights have involved GBP fighters

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      Does GBP still put their fighters/have cards on Showtime (since they've went back to working with HBO)? Or is Showtime just for Haymon now?

I've kind of been out of the loop but I'm just now thinking about it..... and Showtime BARELY does fights anymore, and I can't remember if their recent fights have involved GBP fighters
      There was a bidding for the Matthysse-Provodnikov fight which HBO won so I think GBP is still working with Showtime.

Only Canelo is now with HBO since if i'm not wrong he signed an exclusive contract.

Nice to have a 247 on new fighters other then the same old Pac, Bradley or Marquez.

Sucks that Kirkland isn't working with Wolfe for this fight if not we can see how hard he prepares for his fights but on the bright side we can see how Kirkland is with his new trainer.

anyway WAR MANDINGO WARRIOR!!!
      Last edited by Outworn; 03-19-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Good boxing week following the mega fight.

War Chepo, the new Mr. HBO

Comment

all promoters can fight on showtime. Espinoza who, had a falling out with sniffy lacestockings, is still there so I doubt GBP goes there unless they HAVE to.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
            There was a bidding for the Matthysse-Provodnikov fight which HBO won so I think GBP is still working with Showtime.

Only Canelo is now with HBO since if i'm not wrong he signed an exclusive contract.
            Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            all promoters can fight on showtime. Espinoza who, had a falling out with sniffy lacestockings, is still there so I doubt GBP goes there unless they HAVE to.
            Oh, It was just CANELO who signed an exclusive contract with HBO.

But what I'm saying is..... GBP hasn't had any cards on Showtime since they've started working with HBO again, right? Or have they?

Comment

Oh, It was just CANELO who signed an exclusive contract with HBO.

But what I'm saying is..... GBP hasn't had any cards on Showtime since they've started working with HBO again, right? Or have they?
              As of right now, no but it doesn't mean GBP is totally shutting down from working with Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                As of right now, no but it doesn't mean GBP is totally shutting down from working with Showtime.
                Yeah, I was just wondering because I can't really remember many Showtime cards lately. Or since GBP started working with HBO again, at least

Comment

War Canelo.

Comment

Yeah, I was just wondering because I can't really remember many Showtime cards lately. Or since GBP started working with HBO again, at least
                    Wasnt the khan-alexander card a gbp card on showtime after they had already worked with hbo for hopkins-kovalev and they had one fighter (herrera) in the co-main on the hbo card the same day as khan-alexander.
                    Last edited by oscar_angels091; 03-19-2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X