No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez in Camp, Working For May Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez in Camp, Working For May Return

After his comfortable victory with a third round knockout over Mexican contender Valentín León on February 28, former three division world champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (42-0, 36 KOs) is preparing for his next fight scheduled for May, in the United States, where he will make the second defense of the World Boxing Council (WBC) flyweight crown.

The fight is slated to be against the winner of the WBC final eliminator between Edgar Sosa (51-8, 30 KOs) and Nawaphon Por Chokchai (26-0, 19 KOs), but there is still no date for that fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sosa and Por Chokchai won't have their affairs settled in time and Gonzalez will have to take Adrian Hernandez as a voluntary. I can see this coming from a mile away.

Comment

Like to see him make his HBO debut in L.A.

Comment

Did he really fought Valentin Leon? that guy is so bad. Why did he fight him?
        It's hard to believe he's 42-0 and he has yet to fight a great opponent, there have been a lot of chances.
        He has been a champ since 2008, he could have fought viloria, sosa, segura, pongsaklek, narvaez etc...
        I hope he fights either estrada or inoue this year, or at least ioka, casimero or that thai guy that whooped zhou, at this point beating sosa proves nothing.
        He really lacks a defining win to get him in the p4p list.

Comment

I predict that by 2016, Roman Gonzalwz will be P4P King

Comment

Did anybody watch the Amnat/Zou fight HBO telecast ....how did they feel about it....wonder if HBO would be willing to bring to bring him back for a unification w/Roman those 2 won't have anytime to recover train for May.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
              Did anybody watch the Amnat/Zou fight HBO telecast ....how did they feel about it....wonder if HBO would be willing to bring to bring him back for a unification w/Roman those 2 won't have anytime to recover train for May.
              that's the fight id like to see , gonzo fighting the winner of amnat vs casi, second only to the rematch with Estrada... if amnat wins (most likely), Im more sold on him as the guy to beat roman....

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                that's the fight id like to see , gonzo fighting the winner of amnat vs casi, second only to the rematch with Estrada... if amnat wins (most likely), Im more sold on him as the guy to beat roman....
                Amnat vs Gonzalez would be a great fight and a style Roman isn't familiar with. I could see Roman pulling it off but it won't be easy. My man Amnat Ruenroeng is no pushover and has proved his might in his last 4 fights.

I'd be rooting for Amnat but then again, I tend to root against Roman

Get at me Blanco!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  Amnat wouldn't be able to deal with Gonzalez who has the speed/footwork to cut the ring and get inside to work his combos I' say he probably stops him.

As tough as Amnat is defensively his offense is scarce and his output drops drastically as the fight wears on he'd do ok first few rounds then get steamrolled.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
                    Amnat wouldn't be able to deal with Gonzalez who has the speed/footwork to cut the ring and get inside to work his combos I' say he probably stops him.

As tough as Amnat is defensively his offense is scarce and his output drops drastically as the fight wears on he'd do ok first few rounds then get steamrolled.

I could see that. Amnat has been hurt and dropped before and Roman's style is so relentless he won't allow Amnat to breathe. The fight will be physical but I think Amnat will give him a tough fight until Roman wears him down and possibly KO's him. Argh, I really hope it gets done. I'm contented with either Amnat vs Roman or Amnat vs Estrada, both great fights!

Comment

Working...
                    X