No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: Mayweather-Pacquiao is a ‘Pick’em Fight’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero: Mayweather-Pacquiao is a ‘Pick’em Fight’

Robert Guerrero has quite the perspective when it comes to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

While “The Ghost” is known for his unanimous decision loss to Mayweather in 2013, it’s less publicized that he actually traveled to Pacquiao’s Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California, for a few rounds back in 2005.

On Friday, Guerrero gave his take on the fight ahead of his Saturday night headliner on NBC against Keith Thurman.

[Click Here To Read More]

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I pickem PACMAN

Comment

January 9, 2014:

According to Roach, although Pacquiao doesn't mind avenging his controversial loss to undefeated welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, in his opinion, there's not enough money to make the fight worth his star pupil's while. Instead, Roach would prefer having Pacquiao face someone that Floyd Mayweather just fought, like Robert Guerrero, in hopes of scoring a more impressive victory.

"[Robert] Guerrero has sparred with Manny many times and he thinks he gets the best of Manny. He's made that public before that he used to beat Manny up in sparring. I see it a different way, but I would love that fight and I think it's a great fight.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15911.html

At this point, Guererro vs. Bradley would be a good fight, and I would bet on Guererro. I don't think Bradley could survive his pressure, just like he couldn't handle Ruslan's pressure. I think Guererro could beat Bradley, Rios, Algeri, Matthysse, and Provodnikov. The Ghost needs to join TR or GBP, if he wants to revive his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        January 9, 2014:

According to Roach, although Pacquiao doesn't mind avenging his controversial loss to undefeated welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, in his opinion, there's not enough money to make the fight worth his star pupil's while. Instead, Roach would prefer having Pacquiao face someone that Floyd Mayweather just fought, like Robert Guerrero, in hopes of scoring a more impressive victory.

"[Robert] Guerrero has sparred with Manny many times and he thinks he gets the best of Manny. He's made that public before that he used to beat Manny up in sparring. I see it a different way, but I would love that fight and I think it's a great fight.

At this point, Guererro vs. Bradley would be a good fight, and I would bet on Guererro. I don't think Bradley could survive his pressure, just like he couldn't handle Ruslan's pressure. I think Guererro could beat Bradley, Rios, Algeri, Matthysse, and Provodnikov. The Ghost needs to join TR or GBP, if he wants to revive his career.
        Guerrero doesn't have power like Ruslan I think Bradley grinds his way to a decision maybe 7-5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
          Guerrero doesn't have power like Ruslan I think Bradley grinds his way to a decision maybe 7-5 rounds.
          However, Guerrero is a southpaw, and much bigger and stronger (not faster) than Pacquiao. I can see Bradley on his bike early, and Guererro stealing rounds by being the aggressor. I wish it could happen, because Guererro deserves another shot, but it won't. After last night, Guererro is now a high-risk, low-reward fighter. He'll only get a really good up-and-comer, or a top level fighter coming off a loss.

Comment

They think they good. I know I'm great. Lol

Comment

However, Guerrero is a southpaw, and much bigger and stronger (not faster) than Pacquiao. I can see Bradley on his bike early, and Guererro stealing rounds by being the aggressor. I wish it could happen, because Guererro deserves another shot, but it won't. After last night, Guererro is now a high-risk, low-reward fighter. He'll only get a really good up-and-comer, or a top level fighter coming off a loss.
              Timothy Bradley has been a high risk,low reward fighter his entire career.I agree that Robert is bigger,but I don't think he is stronger than Bradley and Bradley definitely has the speed advantage which has been proven to be problematic for Guerrero in two of his last three fights.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                Timothy Bradley has been a high risk,low reward fighter his entire career.I agree that Robert is bigger,but I don't think he is stronger than Bradley and Bradley definitely has the speed advantage which has been proven to be problematic for Guerrero in two of his last three fights.
                Is Provodnikov better than Guererro? What about Chaves? Bradley's best win is Marquez. What is Marquez's record at 147 (not CW)?

Comment

January 9, 2014:

The ghost was a way overated hyped up haymon fighter. Bradley would do exactly what Thurman did to Guerrero. I think Rios, mathysse, all those guys would beat him except maybe provodnikov. Face it, guerrero is a slow plodding come forward fighter. With that being said, hes been in the ring with both of them and is calling it a pick em fight. What I fund asinine is that this site has yet to report that miguel cotto told espn first take that he is picking pacquiao due to his speed and footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                    The ghost was a way overated hyped up haymon fighter. Bradley would do exactly what Thurman did to Guerrero. I think Rios, mathysse, all those guys would beat him except maybe provodnikov. Face it, guerrero is a slow plodding come forward fighter. With that being said, hes been in the ring with both of them and is calling it a pick em fight. What I fund asinine is that this site has yet to report that miguel cotto told espn first take that he is picking pacquiao due to his speed and footwork.
                    Also I doubt top rank would sign Guerrero after his piss poor performance last night. Top rank/ HBO fights and the fighters are so much better than the haymon hype machine

Comment

Working...
                    X