No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Zolani Tete Shocks Paul Butler With TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Zolani Tete Shocks Paul Butler With TKO

Liverpool, Echo Arena - PAUL BUTLER LTKO8 (1:34) ZOLANI TETE - Ellesmere Port’s Paul Butler suffered a shock eighth round stoppage to IBF World Super-Flyweight Champion Zolani Tete. Butler couldn’t get inside Tete’s long reach and accurate jabs and crosses to land his own shots and never got into the fight despite trying hard to force the fight. The tricky South African southpaw, who won his last two fights abroad and making the first defence of the title, landed a perfect left uppercut on Butler’s chin that dropped Butler for the count, and despite rising before ten, the referee waved it off.

Butler said afterwards: “I’m really gutted right now. It’s my first professional loss and it’s a hard one to take. Tete is a very good champion, he’s very awkward and he picked his shots well. I’ll rest, regroup and comeback.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

was like watching rose vs andrade

Comment

butler needed to jab his way in cause he clearly wasnt in range to land that lead left hook his trainer kept saying and he should have stepped forward, blocked and stepped his front foot to get in range first, he wanted his feet perfect and you probably arent going to have time for that just gota move one foot cause it will get you closer to throw the straight.

Comment

WHOA! What a show Tete managed to put on. I think this is the best I have ever seen him. Power, speed, timing, dedicated jab, feints, footwork, variation of attacks up and downstairs, although limited in regards to his punch selection for most of the fight. He was vicious in every aspect and practically beat a game Butler with a jab and straight left until he managed to shoot that vicious left hand uppercut off a jab feint. Great, great performance by the South African.

Lately he's been on a massive roll since dethroning Zurdo Sanchez Jr in Mexico almost 2 years back. Glad to see him finally becoming his own fighter and reaching his prime.

Butler was game and never gave up but Tete's massive reach and height coupled with that jab would not allow him to do much work. Hopefully he can bounce back in the future and give it another go at some other title further on down the road.

It seems like the Super flyweight division is really heating up, especially since Roman might be moving up soon. I think Tete would pose a massive problem against Gonzalez. He's 5'9 with a 72" reach, that's a 6 inch height advantage and 8 inch reach advantage over the smaller Roman.

Damn, crazy to think Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr. and Tete could even boil down to 115, that height and reach is more fitting for the LWW and WW divisions... what a massive advantage.
        Last edited by Aztekkas; 03-07-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X