No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella on Mayweather-Pacquiao, Golovkin-Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella on Mayweather-Pacquiao, Golovkin-Canelo

The boxing world has been full of characters since immemorial, none more so than Harvard Law graduate Lou DiBella, founder of DiBella Entertainment, who is well known for his industrial language during interviews and being outspoken about the sport of boxing took time out to chat with the Nuthouse Podcast this past Sunday (22 February).

The Brooklyn born promoter spoke frankly on a variety of topics surrounding the eagerly awaited Floyd Mayweather & Manny Pacquiao Superfight, boxing powerbroker Al Haymon’s recent moves in bringing boxing back to free-to-air television, the future of former lineal Middleweight champion Sergio Martinez, Andy Lee becoming champion and the future options and careers of Miguel Cotto, Saul Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whoa - did anyone catch where DiBella says he promotes Tureano Johnson? When did that happen?

I agree about Alvarez/Golovkin. I'm not sold on Alvarez as someone on the level of past greats like Trinidad, Duran ect. He's good, but not shown to be great and Golovkin ruins him.

Comment

“I got to be honest with you,” DiBella stated, “I don’t believe that is his view [to drive out the competition]. First of all I got to start off by saying the guy is my friend, I’ll continuing by saying he is one of the smartest guys in the business, and I’ll continue by saying that boxing is in the mother****** ****ter and all the little nerds out there who Tweet out or follow everything that goes on via their computers should realise that the absence of boxing on free television and its move to paid television and PPV is not good for the sport.

Comment

nobody wants to see cotto v.s a boring bum in mora k9 should be the next fight with that belt on the line 2 belts 2 weight classes I forgot all about lara he's been quiet I would like to see that fight or even a trout rematch

Comment

I was actually cracking up when I was listening to the podcast with all this cursing from him. When DiBella assesses boxing strictly as a fan, he makes a lot of sense. Well when he acts as a promoter, it's the other way around lol.

I still hope Golden Boy is stupid enough to let his Good boy get goodboyed by GGG.

Comment

DiBella kind of spells it out for the ignorant, who constantly spew "Haymon is ruining boxing" ........

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
              I was actually cracking up when I was listening to the podcast with all this cursing from him. When DiBella assesses boxing strictly as a fan, he makes a lot of sense. Well when he acts as a promoter, it's the other way around lol.

I still hope Golden Boy is stupid enough to let his Good boy get goodboyed by GGG.

And the little nerds rejoice with their victory squeals!

Kind of ironic he tweeted that, then again if DiBella wasn't a de-facto boxing promoter, he'd be one of those 'not so little' boxing nerds.
              Last edited by Eastcoast; 03-02-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

"As for Golovkin, he would knock Cotto thru a wall but I'd like to see it".

Comment

Canelo is a joke another coward that only fights bums!i don't paid a dime for his fights

Comment

****** yeah **** , he is a ******* ******* lol thats how that interview looked *********

Comment

Working...
                    X