No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Molina, Cunningham, Roach Nab BWAA Awards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Molina, Cunningham, Roach Nab BWAA Awards

Barring injuries, illness or contract disputes, John Molina Jr. and Lucas Matthysse will have both had their first fight of 2015 by the time the annual Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) Awards dinner rolls around.

Whatever happens in their respective upcoming fights, they will have April 24th to look forward to. It's fitting their their unforgettable war from last April will take place nearly one year to the date of this year's awards dinner, as their instant classic was announced by the BWAA as the Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier winner for 2014 Fight of the Year. [Click Here To Read More]

It irks me that the BWAA seem to only watch fights from the US and the UK. I know some members do go further afield but it seems a lot are relatively narrow minded. Shame.

Well done to the winners but...shame on the BWAA!

Comment

Originally posted by LowBlowKO View Post
      It irks me that the BWAA seem to only watch fights from the US and the UK. I know some members do go further afield but it seems a lot are relatively narrow minded. Shame.

Well done to the winners but...shame on the BWAA!
      Couldn't have said it any better - or maybe I could have
      http://www.boxingscene.com/rodriguez...ersight--87813

Comment

Naoya got over looked, Shingo got over looked, Iwao Hakamada got over looked, Takayama vs Rodriguez got overlooked... Do we need to just start accepting that the BWAA are going to ignore so many fighters and fights they are becoming a joke?

Comment

I don't know off the top of my head all the fighters Roach trains.

So could somebody please tell me why got trainer of the year?

Comment

Freddie Roach and Al Haymon have a monopoly on the Trainer/Manager of the Year awards.

BWAA should add an award for Round and KO of the Year.

Comment

wont be too long before Crackhead Sr. has an article published with him crying, bi.tching and moaning about freddie roch aint sh.it

Comment

Crawford with the Sugar Ray Robinson Fighter of the Year award

Comment

Working...
                X