No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck Faces Sasha Yengoyan on April 11th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck Faces Sasha Yengoyan on April 11th

Hard-punching Belgium-based Armenian Sasha Yengoyan (31-1-1, 21) will defend the WBFed welterweight title against former IBF champion Jan Zaveck (34-3) April 11 in Maribor (Slovenia The 38-year old Zaveck won the IBF title in 2009 and lost it to Andre Berto in 2011. In 2013 he lost to Keith Thurman but have since bounced back with two wins and won the WBO Euro title in October of last year.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good luck, Dejan!

Comment

Zaveck IMO hasn't gotten the respect he deserves. Not a top 5 guy, but definitely one of the toughest in his division. If not for the bad cut he'd have beaten Berto, and it would be great to see a rematch between them.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Zaveck IMO hasn't gotten the respect he deserves. Not a top 5 guy, but definitely one of the toughest in his division. If not for the bad cut he'd have beaten Berto, and it would be great to see a rematch between them.
        He's tough as nails

I'd like to see him test some up and coming prospects this year, a fight against Spence would be good

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          yeah, i agree. He was beating Berto but the cuts ruined his work, not a surprise Berto get caught on steroids when he was preparing for Ortiz 's rematch. I believe he was on something vs Zaveck too,anyway he is tough and a very good boxer.

Comment

Zaveck won but oh my god. Blood everywhere.

Comment

Working...
            X