No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gennady Golovkin Beats Down Martin Murray

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Gennady Golovkin Beats Down Martin Murray

MONACO — Gennady Golovkin defended his WBA middleweight title successfully with a commanding performance against Britain's Martin Murray on Saturday, stopping him in the 11th round of a one-sided contest.

Making his third title defense, Golovkin has stopped his last 19 opponents, and is unbeaten in 32 fights with 29 knockouts.

Prince Albert of Monaco was among the crowd as Murray withstood some heavy punishment, and showed courage to try and trade with the hard-hitting Kazakh.

Golovkin put him down for the third time with a huge right hook in the 10th, but Murray beat the count and was saved by the bell. [Click Here To Read More]

Who else besides Lee/Quillin winner...both of them will get wrecking-balled anyway. Cotto fight wont happen - Cotto ...I see nothing interesting @ middle....And at 168 will Ward even be there??? I'd like to see Froch vs GGG...but it would have to happen in next 6 months or Froch most likely will retire

Comment

GGG the GREAT !!!!!!

Tied with Tyson for a 19 KO streak !

I feel sorry for Andy Lee when he fights GGG.

I don't feel sorry for Cotto, he must depend on his left hook.

Peter Q. Knows his end is near.

Danny J. is doomed.

GGG is on step to take away Hopkins title reign!!

Exciting stuff to see in the midst of all the crap in boxing.

GGG is the Breath of Fresh Air and revitalization of BOXING !!!!!!

Comment

By round 3 Murray was done, his movement and face expression showed it.. In all honesty I think ggg has great power and is good cutting off the ring but has shaky defense. It comes from his aura of invincibility and power but I feel as soon as he steps in there with someone that has good foot work decent speed and could work angles he's gonna have somewhat problems... First 2 rounds ggg was getting caught with unecessary punches as usual.. I don't know about a ward from now cause the the inactivity, but a ward from a lil while ago woulda give triple g more than problems..

Comment

After last night, I no longer believe GGG has any chance to move up and beat Ward.

Comment

I re thought it, even an inactive ward would give him problems ...

Comment

BIG PROPS to Murray! He has the heart of a lion. Absolutely no quit in him.

Murray fans should be proud of his performance

Comment

I would love to see him fight someone with power. Murray and GGG were slow as molasses and Murray landed pretty Damn easy. They don't know how to move their heads, Quillin would crack him.

Comment

When you get hit so hard you turn into Marcos Maidana:

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    When you get hit so hard you turn into Marcos Maidana:

Comment

Working...
                    X