Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Smith: Abraham is Old, He Won't Hear The Final Bell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Smith: Abraham is Old, He Won't Hear The Final Bell

Paul Smith believes Arthur Abraham is past his best and plans to pull off a convincing win over the WBO super-middleweight champion this weekend.

The 32-year-old Merseysider suffered a contentious points defeat against Abraham last September, but his impressive performance earned him a rematch this Saturday night in Berlin, live on Sky Sports.

Both men remained respectful ahead of their first meeting, but Smith has been irritated by Abraham’s recent suggestions that he will win the rematch by knockout.

He spotted signs of decline in the 34-year-old champion and insists he is far more capable of producing a stoppage victory.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Smith fought a cute fight last time, stayed tight and disciplined but stayed busy by firing off bursts when Abraham had his trademark idle periods. It was a genuinely close run thing so I didn't see it as robbery even though Paul had done just enough imo. I think Smith should box the same way again because it worked well last time and Abe was definitely frustrated in there. The judges could favour the home guy again if it's tight but, that said, the bad publicity that arose from what seemed prejudiced scoring back then will surely put pressure on the officials to prove themselves impartial this time. Not that their cards are certain to be needed. Joe Gallagher has claimed that Smithy will go in with a knockout-chasing game plan. If they do opt to engage Abraham toe to toe with that in mind it will guarantee excitement alright but I reckon Paul would be making a big and unnecessary mistake.

Comment

What we do know is this 'He wont hear the final bell' lyric is a load of rubbish. Abraham doesn't ever get stopped. Smith does!! The only way he wins is if Abraham breaks both his arms. Smith's best effort was thrown against an underestimating Abraham and he still lost.

Comment

Working...
      X