No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez: Gary Russell is Very Dangerous Foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez: Gary Russell is Very Dangerous Foe

WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez (57-8, 48KOs) continues to train for a planned title defense against Gary Russell Jr. (25-1, 14KOs). Gonzalez is waiting for a date and venue for the match. He says the fight is part of a three fight agreement between his promoter, Oswlado Kuchle, and manager Al Haymon of Haymon Boxing. If Gonzalez wins, a rematch with Abner Mares would be up next, and even a year-end clash with Leo Santa Cruz.

[Click Here To Read More]

"Go Jhonny, GET HIM A BODY BAG! YEAH!!!!HHEHEHEHEHAHHAHA!"

Comment

So sick if these gutless haymon cowards. Why not fight the winner between Russell and lomachenko? Why is he fighting the loser instead of the champion who Gary russel only landed 10 percent of his punches on? Johnny Gonzalez is another lsc, Peter quillen, mayweather, Danny Garcia, Adonis Stevenson. All a bunch of al haymon gutless cowards. You can also put Lamont Peterson in that list as well.

Comment

I think this is a solid fight but I agree that it should be Lom getting the shot at Jhonny's title first.

Comment

I haven't seen much Gonzalez.. will he handle Russell's speed well?
          I think Jhonny wants this to test himself for a speedy southpaw next, aka Loma.

Comment

Lame fight. So many interesting big names WITH TITLES and he chooses midget Gary. Lame crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              "Go Jhonny, GET HIM A BODY BAG! YEAH!!!!HHEHEHEHEHAHHAHA!"
              "Sweep the leg." "I don't want him beat." "Out. Of. Commission." "You got a problem with that Mr. Lawrence?"

Comment

Gary Russell is going to beat Gonzalez and keep that 126lb belt hostage.

I have a feeling Haymon is waiting to feed Santa Cruz and Mares to Russell after Santa Cruz and Mares beat the crap out of each other a couple of times.

So I expect Russell to fight nothing but sparring partners until Santa Cruz and Mares are shot.
                Last edited by PRchamp; 02-16-2015, 01:35 AM.

Comment

that belt will be hostaged

Comment

Styles make great fights, this match up interest me. I remember a while back Nacho, Gonzalez trainer not liking this match up, I think Al Haymon sees this as a great opportunity for Russell Jr.

If he beats Gonzalez he gets Mares next. Not bad if Russell Jr can pull those two victories off which I think he can.

Comment

Working...
                    X