No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Mayweather Won't Be Greatest With Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez: Mayweather Won't Be Greatest With Pacquiao

According to former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will not be considered the 'greatest of all time' - even with a victory over division rival Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez lost a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision to Mayweather and fought Pacquiao four times, including a sixth round knockout in their fourth and final meeting in 2012.

He says Mayweather is way too defensive in his fights and doesn't take any risks in the ring, which doesn't give fans any drama when they attend his events.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What JMM is true, Mayweather is too defensive minded yes.

Problem is he'll still land like a 100 more punches than you, or have a percent connect rate above 50. That is all that matters in the ring at that time, whatever perceptions and opinions of Floyd after that are truly down to personal preference.

Some regard him as an ATG, some don't, a lot of people hate him, but as he would probably he say, atleast he's rich (or a rich coward)
    Last edited by MPX309; 01-19-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

What marquez says is true but he will still gone down as the guy that used steroids to win the biggest fight of his career.

(I had to do it)

Comment

Speaks the truth part of being an atg isnt just about a perfect record but the style in which you earned it

Comment

Marquez damn near killed Pacquiao and he is not considered the greatest. No single win will make or break a resume. People who say figher A has to beat Fighter B to be considered great are morons.

Comment

well if were going by favorite all time great but if were going by flat out best fighter which i dont think is mayweather it dont matter how u do it lets be honest

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
              What marquez says is true but he will still gone down as the guy that used steroids to win the biggest fight of his career.

(I had to do it)
              I DIDNT KNEW HE TESTED POSITIVE AGAINST PACQUIAO.

Oh wait... He's never tested positive for any kind of PED.

And yet, when all the attention was on Pacquiao in 2009 for knocking out bigger guys than him, people accusing him of use of PED's, he just stopped knocking guys out, and still can't knock C- fighters such as Rios and Algieri.

Comment

It makes sense. I'll have to agree with JMM about Floyd's performances. It's all about preference with fans though. I enjoy watching Floyd outbox opponents but I know many fans like the Gatti-Ward type of stuff, or that fighter destroying lesser opposition in 2-3 rounds like GGG.

JMM isn't taking into consideration that Floyd's hand has been shot like for a decade now. When he lands that right hand repeatedly for 6-7 rounds against an opponent, wow'ing the crowd. They like that. Then he breaks his hand and only uses his left. The performance goes downhill from there and he uses his legs more. He still wins but his constantly injured right hand takes away from his performances considerably and this should be taken into account. Floyd will not trade with only one healthy hand.

Comment

Mayweather will go down in history as the guy who protected his 0 at all costs. The TBE thing is hype business nonsense and he probably knows it himself. Mayweather is a businessman and celebrity more than a real fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
                    Speaks the truth part of being an atg isnt just about a perfect record but the style in which you earned it
                    Marquez is entitled to his opinion but his reasoning is severely flawed....

One thing has little or nothing to do with the other...

According to his logic Tim Duncan can't be a hall of fame basketball player since he doesn't do 360 degree dunks or throw behind the back passes...

I thought the ease with which Floyd dominated and dropped Marquez while winning damn near every round was pretty exciting to me...

Comment

Working...
                    X