No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Bernard Hopkins on Going To 168, Fighting Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Bernard Hopkins on Going To 168, Fighting Froch

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - A few days after celebrating his 50th birthday, Rick Reeno catches up with former champion Bernard Hopkins at his private suite at the MGM to discuss a possible drop in weight to the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds, and facing one of the top men in the division - IBF/WBA 'regular' champion Carl Froch of Nottingham, what he expects from their clash of styles, and more. [Click Here To Read More]

Froch beats Hopkins, who should be careful not ending his career in embarrassing fashion.

Comment

So this is serious???

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        Froch beats Hopkins, who should be careful not ending his career in embarrassing fashion.
        If he can make it healthy he beats Froch

Comment

If there is any substance to this story the biggest loser could be Froch ,B.Hop would be expected to lose and could well win or look good make Carl look bad except for the pay day Carl's much talked about legacy could end in tatters even if he were to win !

Comment

I'd take Hopkins all day against Froch.the guy is overrated in fights he wasnt dominating,Groves he may very well have been behind in both fights,he was certainly behind in the first.the Kessler rematch was taken in the last round on one judges card,he lost the initial fight.i won't mention Dirrell and Taylor,I mean who has this guy ever conclusively outboxed over 12 aside from Abraham,because he sure as **** ain't stopping BHOP.

Comment

Hopkins outboxes froch even at 50 years of age

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                I'd take Hopkins all day against Froch.the guy is overrated in fights he wasnt dominating,Groves he may very well have been behind in both fights,he was certainly behind in the first.the Kessler rematch was taken in the last round on one judges card,he lost the initial fight.i won't mention Dirrell and Taylor,I mean who has this guy ever conclusively outboxed over 12 aside from Abraham,because he sure as **** ain't stopping BHOP.
                Glenn Johnson?............yeah Froch isn't really that sort of fighter. He beats the weaker chinned true boxers with power and brute force and similar fighters to himself through attrition and determination. He can outbox flatfooted power punchers like Abraham and Johnson when he holds height/reach and/or age advantage, but I do fear for him against BHOP. Can't see him outboxing or knocking him out........ so how does he win this. Could be another pavlik affair.

Comment

Okay.... so the Chavez Jnr fight is done then?

Looks like in the end, it was as close as the GGG fight was

Comment

Does Hopkins want to retire with a knockout loss? Froch would obliterate him.

Comment

Working...
                    X