No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Deontay Wilder Snags WBC Crown in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Deontay Wilder Snags WBC Crown in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS - And the new WBC Heavyweight World Champion... America finally has its heavyweight world champion as Alabama's Deontay Wilder dethroned defending champion Bermane Stiverne via unanimous decision (118-109, 119-108, 120-107) Saturday on SHOWTIMEŽ from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Wilder (33-0, 32 KOs), who had never fought past the fourth round and had knocked out all 32 of his professional opponents, boxed brilliantly behind a stellar jab to become the first U.S.-born heavyweight champion in nearly a decade. The towering 6-foot-7 Tuscaloosa native capitalized on his reach advantage, jabbing consistently to set up a powerful straight right. [Click Here To Read More]

Deontay delivered and clearly won the title; he was cheated out of a knockdown at the end of round two, and Tony Weeks needs to get in shape to ref theses championship fights so he never again misses a knockdown because he could not get out of the way. As for Deontay, I can only wish him well as he's one of the most personable Americans in the public eye, who through extraordinary effort has risen to be a world champion heavyweight boxer. Also, I am eager to see him fight Tyson Fury, so I hope that Fury will be Deontay's next opponent, although with Deontay's exciting style, any ranked opponent will be okay.
    Last edited by Mr.Daddy; 01-18-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

stiverne's ring entrance get-up was ballin tho

Comment

If they get some body work into his game, he could be even better. The way he throws and hits that right hand and jab, it's pretty much a given his opponents will cover up high. If he can throw that same power underneath the high guards, he will really hurt some guys.

Comment

Its obvious

Wilder trained with mayrunner for this fight! There were so many boos in the crowd thrown toward Wilder last night it wasnt even funny. People around me(i was there) were screaming, "this is a hw fight, not a marathon"

tbh, he fought the right fight, BUT way too cautious and especially for a heavyweight title fight, it wasnt really exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
            Wilder trained with mayrunner for this fight! There were so many boos in the crowd thrown toward Wilder last night it wasnt even funny. People around me(i was there) were screaming, "this is a hw fight, not a marathon"

tbh, he fought the right fight, BUT way too cautious and especially for a heavyweight title fight, it wasnt really exciting.
            Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Two kinds of people show up for a fight. People that live boxing... and people who couldn't find anything at the movie theater that interested them. But sounds like you were surrounded by the latter. Anyone who doesn't have a personal dislike of Wilder recognized that as one of the most exciting HW fights of the last 7 or 8 years. Which is why we at home only heard cheering. The true boxing fans outnumbered those who just looking for a reason to get dressed up and drink overpriced beer.

Comment

Dumbass Stiverne blew it. The dude couldn't cut off a ring to save his own life, not taking anything away from Wilder he has improved and his jab looked sharper.

But Stiverne and Canelo both need to take lessons from Gennady on how to cut off a damn ring. Embarassing.

Comment

wilder really needs to improve on his stamina, defense, and stop throwing those wild looping windmill punches.

wlad crushes wilder. i'm sure wilder will milk that WBC title for a very long time and fight a lot of soft opponents again.

Comment

also late last night while i was in bed i remembered that wilder's mask is similar to one in the kubrick film eyes wide shut

very interesting. i'm still looking into the symbolism and deeper meaning behind it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Dumbass Stiverne blew it. The dude couldn't cut off a ring to save his own life, not taking anything away from Wilder he has improved and his jab looked sharper.

But Stiverne and Canelo both need to take lessons from Gennady on how to cut off a damn ring. Embarassing.
                    any chance you get to bring up canelo you will huh? I swear you can't keep his name out of your mouth bro. Are you secretly in love with him? Jesus bro. Just take a look at your post history, any chance you get, canelo comes up in one of your posts I just think its hilarious

Comment

Working...
                    X