No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Could Face Gary Russell Jr. Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Could Face Gary Russell Jr. Next

The featherweight champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC), Jhonny Gonzalez (57-8, 48KOs) could very well face off with Gary Russell Jr. (25-1, 14KOs) next, according to the Mexican champion's promoter Oswaldo Kuchle. Negotiations are taking place and he says a deal could be wrapped up by the end of the week.

[Click Here To Read More]

Russell don't deserve a shot he hasn't done anything.

Comment

TBA must have been saying their prayers and taking their vitamins~

Comment

I'm all for Gonzalez vs. Russell Jr. in March if we get a Mares vs. Santa Cruz fight in March/April too, .

Winners (Mares vs. Gonzalez II) and losers (Santa Cruz vs. Russell Jr.) fight each other in June.

Then in September the winner of Mares vs. Gonzalez II could fight the winner of Russell Jr. vs. Santa Cruz.

Comment

I like this fight! Its a winnable fight for gary imo.

Comment

Gonzalez gets left with his gun smoking in the ring once the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson chavez View Post
              Russell don't deserve a shot he hasn't done anything.
              I agree, but being a part of Al Haymon's stable is starting to pay off.

Comment

TBA is going to be so mad

Comment

I think the speed and age difference will be enough for Russell to win a decision. Those two things really stand out in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    I agree, but being a part of Al Haymon's stable is starting to pay off.
                    So now association with a power figure for a title shot is cool? Shoot, even Loma had to beat a top rated guy in his debut to get a title shot. GR Jr didn't fight a rated guy into Loma and he got schooled

Comment

Working...
                    X