No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derry Matthews To Land Richar Abril Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derry Matthews To Land Richar Abril Title Shot

BoxingScene.com understands that Derry Mathews is set to challenge Richar Abril for the WBA lightweight title on March 6 at the Echo Arena, Liverpool.

Sources revealed that a deal to stage the bout has been agreed by both parties and will be formally announced on Thursday by promoter Frank Warren. If the bout takes place, it will be the second world title fight on the card as former IBF bantamweight champ, Paul Butler takes on Zolani Tete for the IBF 115 lbs strap. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

No worse than Crolla getting the title shot.

Matthews stopped Crolla and got a controversial draw in the rematch.

Neither of them are anywhere remotely close to world class.

Comment

no idea who this blue eyed man is, but richard abril is so boring that he made a brandon rios fight unwatchable. i will not be tuning in unless somebody plants a television in front of me and pours beers into my mouth.

Comment

Another scouse bum making a card for no hopers to join him on

Comment

Is this a joke? Why not Emiliano Marsili that destroyed him in his town.....???? Seriously, it's the biggest missmatch in boxing history, Matthews can't win a single minute of the fight.

Comment

its a mismatch cause mathews isnt a 12 round fighter........and say what you want about abrill but he's improving, he's got more of a pro style now. The only way to beat him is with speed and the last guy failed to do it and he looked rather good and at home he couldnt do it.

Comment

im quite sure that abrils promoter denied there was an agreement, warren is always announcing stuff before its done.

Comment

What the ****! As if Derry's got a title shot ahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
                    im quite sure that abrils promoter denied there was an agreement, warren is always announcing stuff before its done.
                    I actually heard Eddie Hearn say that Derry was probably going to get the shot first, just after Crolla got injured

Comment

Working...
                    X