No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former HBO Exec Ferrer To Lead NBC's Boxing Content

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Former HBO Exec Ferrer To Lead NBC's Boxing Content

As NBC Sports ramps up for a re-launch of their boxing programming, questions remain ahead of Wednesday's news conference to announce Al Haymon's new series.

One aspect of the new agreement has come into focus. BoxingScene.com has been advised by sources close to the situation that Lou Ferrer will lead the network's boxing programming and is working closely with Haymon. It's unknown at this time if it will be in an official capacity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

so he had a mental breakdown, quit his job, wanted to join the army, disappeared for years, and now he's ready to do something he's never done before. good hire haymon!

Comment

Am I the only one that hopes that all of this just goes horribly wrong for haymon,and it just blows up in his face? Maybe then we'll finally get rid of this sickness,and be done with hearing the excuse of "Fighter A cant fight fighter B,because fighter A is signed with haymon." Hopefully the ratings speak for themselves,after those first 24 fight dates are filled with danny garcias fighting salkas,and leo santa cruz's fighting sparring partners,and NBC just drops him like a sack of potatoes.

Comment

Advertisers will determine if he succeeds or fails. He will have to sell ads for enough money to cover his costs.

and to the previous poster: no you are not the only one.

Comment

I hate commercials during boxing matches its crazy for me not to see highlights and the corners between rounds keep my boxing on hbo please, I also dont like hamon fighters and hamon's brand of matchmaking so for that reason alone I hope it flops

Comment

I hope it succeeds. This sport has grown stale, no one talks about it anymore. Needs change

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              I hope it succeeds. This sport has grown stale, no one talks about it anymore. Needs change
              exactly im sorry but im glad gbp and top rank are losing their grip on the sport myself obviously its with hopes haymon will come around on fights at nbc tho

Comment

Haymon is a breath of fresh air. He is good for boxing.

Comment

Am glad haymon is taking over NBC was tired of watching duvas main events garbage.

Comment

Just an update:

NBC Sports executive Luis Ferrer, one of the point people in negotiating the deal with Al Haymon to bring Premier Boxing Champions to the network in 2015, is leaving effective Friday. Ferrer, who worked as an HBO Sports boxing executive for 10 years before joining NBC in 2013, plans to remain in boxing.
                    http://www.espn.co.uk/blog/dan-rafae...vyweight-title

Boxing Leaks ‏@BoxingLeaks · 2h2 hours ago

NBC Sports Director of Acquisitions Luis Ferrer, who walked Haymon into the pea**** network, is out from NBC. Another scalp for Big Al.

Comment

Working...
                    X