No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: GGG Creating a Mike Tyson Effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: GGG Creating a Mike Tyson Effect

Promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions is expected Gennady "GGG" Golovkin's violent streak of knockouts to continue for a long time.

Golovkin (31-0, 28KOs) has knocked out his last 18 opponents. He returns on February 21 in Monaco, where he will defend his WBA/IBO/WBC interim-middleweight titles against Martin Murray.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Inb4 the ward groupies come and try to **** on GGG.

Comment

If only GGG was as crazy & hilarious as Iron Mike..

Step 1: Bite off a chunk of someone's ear.
      Step 2: Get a tattoo on your face.
      Step 3: Pigeons.

Comment

As strange as it may sound, I think Canelo Alvarez would give GGG a good fight and won't be intimidated. Still think GGG stops him late but it would be good while it lasted imo, Canelo has more dog in him than some fans give him credit for.

Comment

Ward groupie here: Tyson was selling PPV's like consoles on Black Friday with ****ty fighters like Seldon, Botha, McNeeley, McBride. Golovkin isn't that impressive and fearsome that he'd make 1 million fans want to pay $50 to watch him destroy someone like Adama in the 8th round or when ever it was that he KO'ed him.

Comment

Originally posted by beastoverhand View Post
            If only GGG was as crazy & hilarious as Iron Mike..

Step 1: Bite off a chunk of someone's ear.
            Step 2: Get a tattoo on your face.
            Step 3: Pigeons.
            1 and 2 came well after Tyson's prime. He was still the most popular boxer there, but what made him popular was his run in the 80s and early 90s of 1st round KO's. Good promotion, troubled background, and intimidating image.

Comment

tyson got his ranking in america not in germany .........
              that being said i like watching GGG but he fights in a pretty weak division .
              i mean Jermain Taylor was great years ago and now is IBF champ ???
              he beat Sam Soliman ???
              Miguel Cotto beat an old Martinez ???
              Cotto aint no fully fledged 160lb fighter !!!
              and even if GGG steps up , there is only realistically 1 fight that can test him and if he manages to beat Ward then where can he go ???

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                Inb4 the ward groupies come and try to **** on GGG.
                I never understood that either. GGG still has Canelo or Cotto and their worth more. You can say the same about Ward. Why doesn't he move up. I like Ward, I'm just saying. There's a time for everything and right now GGG needs to finish cleaning out 154 or at least fight Cotto or Canelo first.

Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  1 and 2 came well after Tyson's prime. He was still the most popular boxer there, but what made him popular was his run in the 80s and early 90s of 1st round KO's. Good promotion, troubled background, and intimidating image.
                  Yeah, Tyson and GGG are polar opposites when it comes to KO artists. Tyson was explosive out of the gate where as GGG is much more methodical and robotic in his approach. I remember showing my brother a GGG fight who is also a tyson fan, he looked disinterested after the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Ward groupie here: Tyson was selling PPV's like consoles on Black Friday with ****ty fighters like Seldon, Botha, McNeeley, McBride. Golovkin isn't that impressive and fearsome that he'd make 1 million fans want to pay $50 to watch him destroy someone like Adama in the 8th round or when ever it was that he KO'ed him.
                    Thank you for that, Funny how GGG's team builds up their opponent then shyt's on him in the same to next sentence - that's a good way to sell a fight - lol

Comment

Working...
                    X