Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Would Knock Miguel Cotto Out in Five!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Would Knock Miguel Cotto Out in Five!

LOS ANGELES: Gennady Golovkin takes on the rugged Martin Murray on Feb. 21 on HBO.

While GGG is expected to win as always, there's a larger unknown for the middleweight destroyer: Will a big-time fighter step in the ring with him?

Negotiations continue toward a May 2 matchup between Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez. If Cotto comes out on top, Golovkin trainer Abel Sanchez is highly dubious the Puerto Rican star ever steps up to face his fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Little desperate Sanchez?
    Money hungry?
    Get in line.

Comment

It's not unlikely, but I doubt the fight will ever happen.

To be fair Cotto started at 140 , he doesn't belong at MW .

With that said , whoever holds the MW lineal title should fight GGG or vacate.

Comment

Maybe even 4...easy work for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by PR13 View Post
          Money hungry?
          Get in line.
          Cotto & his team are allowed to be money hungry but GGG and his aren't? If he wants legacy and to fight the true MW champ then he'll fight Gennady but that is not the case. Two sides of the same coin.

I can understand how Cotto has earnt gimme fights at the twilight of his career but its a huge shame that multiple title holders have been in GGGs division and holding them ransom from him for a few years now whilst he's in his prime. When has it ever been that bad that no one will fight a guy at his natural weight so that he has to move up and fight bigger guys?

Comment

Cotto/Golovkin wouldn't be Duran/Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by PR13 View Post
              Money hungry?
              Get in line.
              humerous the way so called fans don't want to see unification fights

Comment

Uhhh ohhh Abel is starting to spread his cheeks

Comment

Cotto is not the real champion of the Middleweight division. In my eyes a champion always fights the best (in whatever particular division he is in). Even if Golovkin beats Cotto and I think he would do so, he wouldn't be the real champion either because he hasn't beaten the best of the division.

However I think Murray is probably one of two best middleweights right now and the other guy is Quillen.

Comment

Originally posted by Craveman View Post
                    Cotto is not the real champion of the Middleweight division. In my eyes a champion always fights the best (in whatever particular division he is in). Even if Golovkin beats Cotto and I think he would do so, he wouldn't be the real champion either because he hasn't beaten the best of the division.

However I think Murray is probably one of two best middleweights right now and the other guy is Quillen.
                    Wait wait, so GGG the guy with literally the best active MW resume isn't the best? So who is? Are you ranking Murray higher than GGG? Cotto? Jermain taylor? Sam Soliman? Quillin who beat N'dam and no one else of note except Rosado who he was losing to when the fight was stopped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                    X