No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thai Fighters Looking To Snag World Crowns in 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thai Fighters Looking To Snag World Crowns in 2015

Promoters are looking forward to a brighter year with a couple of Thai boxers expected to win world titles.

Once a powerhouse in the sport, Thailand currently has only two world champions: Wanheng Meenayothin and Amnat Ruenroeng.

Undefeated Wanheng Meenayothin won the WBC minimumweight title by stopping champion Oswaldo Novoa of Mexico in the 10th round in Chon Buri late last year, while Amnat is the IBF flyweight title-holder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love there fighters, always show up to win no matter how badly the odds are stacked against them. I honestly don't see how Shiming could beat Amnat in the pro ranks though, I could be wrong.

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai deserves a rematch with Cuadras, that body attack was deteriorating Cuadras at an alarming pace. I couldn't believe Cuadras didn't go down from one of Sor's left hooks to the body, Carlos even folded and got on his bicycle for the remainder of the round.

Wanheng did a great job by dethroning Oswaldo in a good Ole beat down. Although it spoiled my dreams for an all out gunslinging festival between two crude warriors, Wanheng is a much more viable and competent champion than Novoa.

Suriyan Sor Rungivisai is incredibly entertaining to watch and although he took a beating from Yamanaka, his heart and motor like stamina are something else. What I love most about these Thai fighters is how active they stay. Sure they fight against no hopers but they always step up when on the grand stage.

Teerachai is a solid fighter and quite a big WW but I don't think he would fair too well against the top crop of fighters at the weight division. I thought his fight against Abraham was entertaining but that was mostly due to Peralta's hilarious antics. Good solid domestic fighter, hope Teerachai can exceede my expectations.

Thailand has a ton of talented, relentless and strong boxers. The only downside is their names makes them a bit hard to follow.

Comment

I can't understand why lighter weight British fight don't spend time over there. There always complaining about lack of opposition over here, so why not get the passport out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        I love there fighters, always show up to win no matter how badly the odds are stacked against them. I honestly don't see how Shiming could beat Amnat in the pro ranks though, I could be wrong.

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai deserves a rematch with Cuadras, that body attack was deteriorating Cuadras at an alarming pace. I couldn't believe Cuadras didn't go down from one of Sor's left hooks to the body, Carlos even folded and got on his bicycle for the remainder of the round.

Wanheng did a great job by dethroning Oswaldo in a good Ole beat down. Although it spoiled my dreams for an all out gunslinging festival between two crude warriors, Wanheng is a much more viable and competent champion than Novoa.

Suriyan Sor Rungivisai is incredibly entertaining to watch and although he took a beating from Yamanaka, his heart and motor like stamina are something else. What I love most about these Thai fighters is how active they stay. Sure they fight against no hopers but they always step up when on the grand stage.

Teerachai is a solid fighter and quite a big WW but I don't think he would fair too well against the top crop of fighters at the weight division. I thought his fight against Abraham was entertaining but that was mostly due to Peralta's hilarious antics. Good solid domestic fighter, hope Teerachai can exceede my expectations.

Thailand has a ton of talented, relentless and strong boxers. The only downside is their names makes them a bit hard to follow.
        I wanna see a Cuadras rematch too... heard it might happen.... but no word

Comment

I love that Thai fighters fight absolutely anybody at any time. Some crazy looking records. Old school.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            I wanna see a Cuadras rematch too... heard it might happen.... but no word
            Last I heard they are pitting Srisaket against Jose Salgado to determine who gets the rematch, seeing as how both fights ended prematurely due to those disgusting head clashes. Could you believe Rungvisai has fought 4 times since his loss in May? Sure he is fighting low tier competition but atleast he stays very active. I love his body work, those left hands are disgusting. He has a nice right hook too but I noticed Thailanders love digging to he body, nice to see them disciplined and dedicated to such an overlooked technique in boxing.

Comment

Last I heard they are pitting Srisaket against Jose Salgado to determine who gets the rematch, seeing as how both fights ended prematurely due to those disgusting head clashes. Could you believe Rungvisai has fought 4 times since his loss in May? Sure he is fighting low tier competition but atleast he stays very active. I love his body work, those left hands are disgusting. He has a nice right hook too but I noticed Thailanders love digging to he body, nice to see them disciplined and dedicated to such an overlooked technique in boxing.
              Got the fight up on my youtube right now... gonna watch it when I get back.

It's cool how thai fighters stay active... but I hate it when they're fighting guys making their debut so far in.... like Wongjakim.... dude was the lineal title holder and 70 fights in.... but fighting guy making their debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Got the fight up on my youtube right now... gonna watch it when I get back.

It's cool how thai fighters stay active... but I hate it when they're fighting guys making their debut so far in.... like Wongjakim.... dude was the lineal title holder and 70 fights in.... but fighting guy making their debut.
                true, true. Some of them actually hold the belt hostage for as long as they can. Sometimes it takes a fluke or a retirement like beating before they hand over the belt I think it's fine as long as they actually take on actual challenges atleast 2 times year. I mean, look at Amnat Ruenroeng... Before Naoya Inoue whooped Narvaez's ass I had Amnat as FOTY on my book. The guy beat a decent fighter in Fuentes, defended against Ioka in his own backyard and turned back a determined Arroyo. Great year for one of the 2 world champions that Thailand currently claims. Anyway what fight are you talking about? Rungvisai vs Cuadras or Jemmy Gobel? Anyway, enjoy!

Comment

Does anyone remember Charlie Atkinson who trained many Thai champions including Sot Chitalada?

Comment

true, true. Some of them actually hold the belt hostage for as long as they can. Sometimes it takes a fluke or a retirement like beating before they hand over the belt I think it's fine as long as they actually take on actual challenges atleast 2 times year. I mean, look at Amnat Ruenroeng... Before Naoya Inoue whooped Narvaez's ass I had Amnat as FOTY on my book. The guy beat a decent fighter in Fuentes, defended against Ioka in his own backyard and turned back a determined Arroyo. Great year for one of the 2 world champions that Thailand currently claims. Anyway what fight are you talking about? Rungvisai vs Cuadras or Jemmy Gobel? Anyway, enjoy!
                    The Rungvisai fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X