Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Envisions Fights With Golovkin, Froch in 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Envisions Fights With Golovkin, Froch in 2015

2014 was more or less a lost year for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

The son of a legend made things right in a clear-cut rematch victory over Bryan Vera in February, but failed to fight the rest of the year. The Mexican super middleweight is currently embroiled in a promotional dispute with Top Rank, with no end in sight. When he does make his long-awaited return, he has two big-name opponents in mind. [Click Here To Read More]

This dude is so far from relevant at this point I wonder if his father would have been better off adopting a cactus.

Comment

I 100% do not believe Jr.

No way in hell does he want to fight GGG.

He waited for broken down Sergio, fights mostly just bums, and generally does not fight much, with or without contract troubles. This all proves he doesn't really want to fight much, so these contract disputes serve him just fine. If he really wanted to fight, he woulda. The thought of pissing his career away would be too much for a real fighter.

The thing about Mexican fighters, its all about bravado and ego. They are essentially conditioned into being liars, as they have no choice. They ALL claim they will fight anyone and everyone, but this is rarely true, as they are just as bad as any other fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
        I 100% do not believe Jr.

No way in hell does he want to fight GGG.

The thing about Mexican fighters, its all about bravado and ego. They are essentially conditioned into being liars, as they have no choice. They ALL claim they will fight anyone and everyone, but this is rarely true, as they are just as bad as any other fighter.
        What do you have against Mexican fighters?

On topic, Jr gets wrecked in both fights stick to hitting trees, bro.

Comment

Chavez Jr's Vision Leads Him To An 0-2 2015 Season; Better Plan Better For '16!

This guy is a clown; even his dad thinks so. Chavez Jr. is on the path of Andre Ward and Mikey Garcia, p*ssing away their prime years fighting with promoters and losing. Just Phukkin' man up and fight. As inactive as Chavez has been and last fighting a tomato can, he's not going to fair well if he thinks he's stepping out and taking on GGG & Froch in 2015. Lol. Better lay off the weed Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            What do you have against Mexican fighters?

On topic, Jr gets wrecked in both fights stick to hitting trees, bro.
            Nothing dawg, and I shouldn't generalise. But this is simply a common trait with Mexicans, because their fight culture is this illusion of war fought by warriors.

So it is simply not possible to honest about your opponents if you are a Mexican fighter, because you have to pretend you will fight everyone, and when you do duck a fighter, you will always come up with an excuse, rather than just remain silent.

My point is, Canelo and Chavez claming they will fight GGG is a lie, because the Mexican culture demands false bravado.

On the other hand, fighters like Froch and Dirrell are basically openly admitting they will duck GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
              Nothing dawg, and I shouldn't generalise. But this is simply a common trait with Mexicans, because their fight culture is this illusion of war fought by warriors.

So it is simply not possible to honest about your opponents if you are a Mexican fighter, because you have to pretend you will fight everyone, and when you do duck a fighter, you will always come up with an excuse, rather than just remain silent.

My point is, Canelo and Chavez claming they will fight GGG is a lie, because the Mexican culture demands false bravado.

On the other hand, fighters like Froch and Dirrell are basically openly admitting they will duck GGG.
              I honestly believe Canelo has that "I would die in the ring" mentality and it's not just for show. Junior on the other hand that guy is pure comedy gold, I don't believe a word the comes from his camp unless the bell has rung and the first round is on its way.

I remember a few months back Chavez Sr was arguing over his son being able to boil back down to MW just to fight Cotto for his strap, but completely ignored the GGG talk claiming GGG wasn't such a threat and Junior would exploit his weaknesses

Anyway it's not just Mexican fighters with that "false bravado", it's boxers in general for the most part. It's an aggressive sport where the weak get beat senseless so everyone talks a big game but not everyone is willing to back it up.

Comment

If he's with haymon, there's no way he can fight ggg.

Comment

[QUOTE=Heavyfist;15251120]Nothing dawg, and I shouldn't generalise. But this is simply a common trait with Mexicans, because their fight culture is this illusion of war fought by warriors.

On the other hand, fighters like Froch and Dirrell are basically openly admitting they will duck GGG.[/QUOTE

First of all, Cotto isn't beating Canelo period. And Canelo will clearly fight GGG. Why would he not???? He's never backed down to anybody. Trout beat up Cotto. Canelo then beat up Trout. Canelo went and beat Lara who ran from Canelo all night. He lost to Floyd who would not stand and engage. Canelo has given into all Cotto's demands and can't get Cotto to sign the contract yet. Canelo was willing to fight Chavez, then Chavez went into hiding. Canelo has already said he wants only the biggest fights, he's proven he'll fight all these top guys. He already said after Cotto he's more than happy to fight Gennady. How could any idiot question or doubt Canelo. He's already backing up his every word, taking on his divisions best, looking towards GGG. Canelo wants it, Oscar wants it, Gennady and his team have already said they'll fight the winner of Canelo-Cotto or both. Tim Bradley was even toying with the idea of moving up to fight Canelo, and Canelo said he'd ablidge. I don't see Canelo beating GGG, but he's sure not afraid to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    2014 was more or less a lost year for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

The son of a legend made things right in a clear-cut rematch victory over Bryan Vera in February, but failed to fight the rest of the year. The Mexican super middleweight is currently embroiled in a promotional dispute with Top Rank, with no end in sight. When he does make his long-awaited return, he has two big-name opponents in mind. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Working...
                    X