No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Uchiyama-Perez, Kono-Jimenez Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Uchiyama-Perez, Kono-Jimenez Final Presser

On Monday at the Grand Palace Hotel in Tokyo, the final press conference was held for the World Boxing Association (WBA) tripleheader event called - "Best of the Best" - under the promotion of the Watanabe Boxing Gym and taking place this Wednesday, December 31, at Ota City General Gymnasium.

With the presence of the WBA's executive vice president, Gilberto Mendoza Jr., all of the players got the opportunity to give their last words before their championship commitments.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Uchiyama should have pursued the Gamboa fight years ago. Would still like to see him aim for greatness and fight in America against Mikey Garcia. Sadly fighting once a year I don't think he's serious about pushing himself anymore, could see him losing this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
      Uchiyama should have pursued the Gamboa fight years ago. Would still like to see him aim for greatness and fight in America against Mikey Garcia. Sadly fighting once a year I don't think he's serious about pushing himself anymore, could see him losing this fight.
      I agree about him pushing himself enough

But pursuing Gamboa / Garcia? He'd get paid peanuts in the US. He makes ridiculous amounts in Japan, and is practically a regional hero in his area

He has already established himself as the no.1 rated fighter at 130 by beating Miura and others. Thats a rematch that would go down well in Japan aswell, even though I don't see a point.

Garcia probably won't fight at 130, Gamboa is hardly going to go to Japan.

130 is a very strange division

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

But pursuing Gamboa / Garcia? He'd get paid peanuts in the US. He makes ridiculous amounts in Japan, and is practically a regional hero in his area

He has already established himself as the no.1 rated fighter at 130 by beating Miura and others. Thats a rematch that would go down well in Japan aswell, even though I don't see a point.

He doesn't really make ridiculous amounts of money but yeah he'd have to take a paycut to fight in US so it's unlikely.

Gamboa was the interim champ and choose not to pursue it

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

They managed to make it work for toshiaki nishioka as he had a late run against rafael marquez and nonito donnaire in America. He was also a household name in japan at the time.

Comment

Working...
          X